• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy
Hermes doesn't work like any other company. One cannot just walk in there and demand a special order. It just doesn't happen like that. I'm sorry that the hero of this saga did not receive the service to which he thought he was entitled. I'm sorry I called him a jerk, but if I had observed his behavior in the boutique that I frequent or in any other place of business, I would probably reach the same conclusion. Sometimes a post in a forum comes off in a different tone than it was written. I do apologize for calling your poster a jerk. But I think he doesn't sound very nice.
By the way, if you notice my screen name, I am a poodle person not a cat person, so you all have the wrong person. Interesting to find out that you guys cruise and lurk the purse forum!

This is laughable! Women must be from another planet if you think you have to be entitled to order a piece of leather from a leather goods maker who has a retail store that they sell leather goods from. Cleary the woman at the store was being difficult for the sake of being difficult, that or she is a outright marsupial.

There are plenty of small leather goods makers throughout Europe who I'm sure could make a very comparable item in terms of quality and also make it solely for YOU. Knowing that the OP travels to Italy for suits and sportscoats wouldn't it make sense to use one of artisans instead of some stuffy retailer who caters to Wallstreet housewives with too much time and money to spend?

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Shake
A dark green wallet would be very nice. Hopefully Foo will be able to deal with someone helpful the next time he is lucky enough to venture into the hallowed Hermes boutique.

I'm not saying it would not be nice. What I mean is why would it be his first, and apparently only, choice. I would understand it if he already had one, or several in more "traditional" colors, but for someone who preaches the "one" wardrobe, it seems an odd choice.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Any company that has a web store loses any claims to uber-exclusivity.

It's nice to have this thread now when things often get so slow at Christmas.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrStrangelove
hermes7zwg.jpg

TTT!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
This threak can be summarized thusly:

1. Hi, my name is
foo.gif

2. I am married to an exceptionally wealthy Jewish sugar mama whose love for the
foo.gif
(and whose credit card limit, the balances of which are happily satisfied by my father-in-law) has no bounds.

3. She spends on me - quite extravagantly - and this brings me great joy.

4. I am an intranets celebrity (c) top 5 BDRM and Rake special.

5. Sometimes, when I go out into the real world, I am mistaken for a lowly bumpkin, despite the fact that I (a) wear LH down to the underwears and (b) am an intranets celebrity.

6. Such misperception sometimes causes customer service to be less than worshipful.

7. SUB-WORSHIPFUR CUSTOMER SERVICE MAKE
foo.gif
VERY, VERY ANGRY!

WTF? How is this acceptable on here these days?

PoodleMommy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
facepalm.gif
you mean hermes isnt like any other company where you can walk in, ask if a custom product would be available, and be told yes or no?

the pure dumbassness of hermes and you is seriously infuriating. goddamn pretend nouveau riche. what ******* douchebaggery

Normally, H does not do a special order for a brand new client. Forgive me if OP is a VIC.
This is a playground for a bunch of spoiled brats who have no manners.

Originally Posted by jamesbond
This is laughable! Women must be from another planet if you think you have to be entitled to order a piece of leather from a leather goods maker who has a retail store that they sell leather goods from. Cleary the woman at the store was being difficult for the sake of being difficult, that or she is a outright marsupial. If you have a policy that breast wallets can't be custom ordered in other colors then you need to make that clear.

There are plenty of small leather goods makers throughout Europe who I'm sure could make a very comparable item in terms of quality and also make it solely for YOU. Knowing that the OP travels to Italy for suits and sportscoats wouldn't it make sense to use one of artisans instead of some stuffy retailer who caters to Wallstreet housewifes with too much time and money to spend?

Yea. Lucky him.
It takes a long time to get a handbag from H. Mostly in saving the $$ to afford the bag of one's dreams. Fortunately for me, I am able to have a lovely collection and have earned everything in my closet (you guys know about them, right?)
Over and out. Sorry I found my way over here.
Ban me now.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Priscilla at the Manhasset store. Manhasset Hermes is one of the few privately owned Hermes stores in the world. She is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

It comes with the territory. If
foo.gif
is going to dutifully serve as the patron saint of the forvum, then he's got to take all the **** that is heaped on him as a result. It is all in jest, and never ad hominem. I understand that as your loyal pupil and LH torch-bearer, you are tasked with defending his honor, but I would only ask that you lighten the **** up
fistbump.gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally, H does not do a special order for a brand new client. Forgive me if OP is a VIC. This is a playground for a bunch of spoiled brats who have no manners. Yea. Lucky him. It takes a long time to get a handbag from H. Mostly in saving the $$ to afford the bag of one's dreams. Fortunately for me, I am able to have a lovely collection and have earned everything in my closet (you guys know about them, right?) Over and out. Sorry I found my way over here. Ban me now.
I just think it's funny how your refer to Hermes as H. At first I thought you were just using as a shorthand but it now seems more like H is this mystical special thing, that few will ever learn of. -LR

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally, H does not do a special order for a brand new client. Forgive me if OP is a VIC. This is a playground for a bunch of spoiled brats who have no manners. Yea. Lucky him. It takes a long time to get a handbag from H. Mostly in saving the $$ to afford the bag of one's dreams. Fortunately for me, I am able to have a lovely collection and have earned everything in my closet (you guys know about them, right?) Over and out. Sorry I found my way over here. Ban me now.
It takes a lot more than that, see below.
Originally Posted by iammatt

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
It comes with the territory. If
foo.gif
is going to dutifully serve as the patron saint of the forvum, then he's got to take all the **** that is heaped on him as a result. It is all in jest, and never ad hominem. I understand that as your loyal pupil and LH torch-bearer, you are tasked with defending his honor, but I would only ask that you lighten the **** up
fistbump.gif

Ah, now I remember why MC is a ******* shithole now. Thanks.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This post was way too damn long to read. Especially when it comes to the ignorance of clothing salespeople. I could just imagine if somebody with 20 poasts posted this. He would be castrated.

Mandres

Reaction score
Normally, H does not do a special order for a brand new client. Forgive me if OP is a VIC.
This is a playground for a bunch of spoiled brats who have no manners.

Yea. Lucky him.
It takes a long time to get a handbag from H. Mostly in saving the $$ to afford the bag of one's dreams. Fortunately for me, I am able to have a lovely collection and have earned everything in my closet (you guys know about them, right?)
Over and out. Sorry I found my way over here.
Ban me now.

If that's truly the Hermes business model they will be out of business in 5 years. We aren't talking about a $30,000 custom handbag, but a standard model wallet in a standard color from the catalog. There's very little "special" about that order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads