Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Made to Measure vs. Bespoke?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 8-Ball, Mar 4, 2011.

1. 8-Ball

8-Ball Active Member

Can someone please explain, in detail, the difference between "Made to Measure" and "Bespoke" when it comes to custom made suits and shirts?

2. tazmaniac

tazmaniac Senior member

You honestly weren't able to find a single thread or post on this topic using search?

3. 8-Ball

8-Ball Active Member

You honestly weren't able to find a single thread or post on this topic using search?
    No, I wasn't able to find anything that directly answers my question (hence the thread). Perhaps you could post a link if you know of one that does?

4. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

No, I wasn't able to find anything that directly answers my question (hence the thread). Perhaps you could post a link if you know of one that does?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=made+to+measure+vs+bespoke

5. Coburn

Coburn Senior member

Made to Measure constructs clothes from pre-determined block patterns for clothing components.

Your physical measurements are matched to the block pattern size that is closet.

For example, the block patterns for shirt collars are, I believe, in 1/4 inch increments. 15 ,15.25, 15.5, etc, The MTM shirt maker selects the collar size closet to your actual neck circumference with a two finger spacing.

Bespoke clothes are cut by hand and eye and assembled on your body as you stand in the tailors shop. There are further fitting sessions as the item of clothing is assembled.

Welcome to Style Forum
    Best regards