• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made to measure suit recommendations - London

Labbett1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice/help. I am getting married next year and decided to treat myself to a made to measure suit. Living in London I am spoilt for choice and notice a different recommendation each time I look. Based on the following factors I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I would like my made to measure suit to come in around under £600 (realistic budget?)
I like the idea of being made in England (obviously costs more)
No fabric preference, with little knowledge I doubt I would be hard to please

Are any of these retailers any good?
Cad and the dandy
Moss bespoke
A suit that fits
M&S new bespoke section

Thanks in advance

Labbett1

Reaction score
I know, like I said I want a made to measure.

The retailers mentioned simply use the word in the name even tho all the suits they supply are actually made to measure, I guess they think it sounds better

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent Wang has a London branch, where Kent sees people personally.

It's not on the website yet, but if you email them you can get the information.

Last edited:

Labbett1

Reaction score
How much am I looking at for a 3 piece at Kent Wang?

Have you been personally, can you recommend for service ect?

Thanks

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the primary reason for wanting MTM?

Your budget of £600 could get you a suit of much higher quality if you looked at Ready to Wear. Going MTM is not going to guarantee a perfect fit or end result first time around. A lot of people only manage to dial in their fit/preferences after the second, third suit.

For £600 you could pick up something quite nice in the summer sales - look at Polo Ralph Lauren, Dunhill, Gieves & Hawkes, Hackett etc

P.S. avoid 'A Suit That Fits' at all costs.

Macallan

Reaction score
What suits do you already have?

What would you use this suit for, ie: work, social, etc?

As mentioned you could go the rtw route and then alter a suit; however, the costs of alterations for not always worth going this route. If you want to consider this route, you can get something in the sales or make a trip to Bicester Village.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kent Wang has a london branch?? I couldn't find details of this on his website!

Just email mtm on the contact page.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice/help. I am getting married next year and decided to treat myself to a made to measure suit. Living in London I am spoilt for choice and notice a different recommendation each time I look. Based on the following factors I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I would like my made to measure suit to come in around under £600 (realistic budget?)

Cad and the dandy
Moss bespoke
A suit that fits
M&S new bespoke section

Thanks in advance

M and S is good value for money RTW but Cad and Dandy TM is good, here is a review if you scroll down.

http://thestudenttailor.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2014-03-29T19:55:00Z&max-results=7

Balfour

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Cad and the dandy
Moss bespoke
A suit that fits
M&S new bespoke section

Thanks in advance
Of that list, I would go with C&tD. Although their bespoke option is more expensive than your budget allows for, you could get a machine made suit within it. You could also try asking them to have you measured by John deBoise (the head cutter, who apprenticed at Kilgour). Much better chance of getting a good result - otherwise MtM is a bit of a lottery.

nmoore82

Reaction score
Just by chance I stumbled over Thom Sweeney's MTM service today while browsing the net. I have no idea what the price range is here, but this would surely be a perfect occasion for such a suit, even if you have to spend a little bit more.
http://thomsweeney.co.uk/#/services/made_to_measure.aspx

For Thom Sweeney suits the OP is looking at doubling his budget (around the £1,200 figure for a two piece MTM).
However, I would certainly recommend if the budget can be stretched a little more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads