• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made to measure brooks brothers reviews

2themoon

Reaction score
SF,

I'm considering buying 4-5 M2M golden fleece suits from brooks brothers. I'm 5'10 165 lbs very athletic (broad shoulders 30 inch waist big chest) and getting the chest taken in a little and the suit raised an inch.

I'm first going to buy one and see how I like it.

I wanted any reviews or thoughts you guys had on the quality of Brooks Brother M2M Suits. I've had Canali before and Z Zegna and the fit was good but I was told by co-workers that these golden suit custom made suits are the best.

Thoughts?

2themoon

Reaction score
im sure someone has thoughts on if M2M Golden fleece would be a great addition to a 26, very athletic body type?

pendragon

Reaction score
No idea whether they will work for your body type, but I think the suits are pretty good value. You can get a MTM Golden Fleece for a little over $2k, which is considerably less than you'll pay for OTR suits from any of the high falutin' Italian brands.

The fabrics are from Loro Piana et al, and the suits are made by Martin Greenfield, who is well respected. I say go for it. And report back.

2themoon

Reaction score
thank you for the advice

im going to buy one to start out with..anyone else have my similar build? I like a very modern suit with not alot of shoulder padding. will this do the trick?

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea whether they will work for your body type, but I think the suits are pretty good value. You can get a MTM Golden Fleece for a little over $2k, which is considerably less than you'll pay for OTR suits from any of the high falutin' Italian brands.

The fabrics are from Loro Piana et al, and the suits are made by Martin Greenfield, who is well respected. I say go for it. And report back.
....lol.....Paying $2K for a Golden Fleece is asinine, asi-ten, as-eleven.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think golden fleece is awesome and would highly recommend it if you can get it at a good price
and there's no reason why it wouldn't be a good fit for a 26 yr old athletic body
i was lucky enough to pick up a NWOT (sleeves were still unfinished) golden fleece fitzgerald cut suit for real cheap and it is noticeably better quality and fit compared to my other MTM and OTR suits

my GF fitz fits very slim without being too skinny

Last edited:

2themoon

Reaction score
that suit looks awesome, fits you very well.

How tall are you? What is the suit length, from neck to tail?

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that suit looks awesome, fits you very well.

How tall are you? What is the suit length, from neck to tail?
I agree. It looks good, especially the pants (in pic #1)

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm a hair under 6'1"
and the jacket measures 30" from collar to bottom of jacket

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thank you for the advice

im going to buy one to start out with..anyone else have my similar build? I like a very modern suit with not alot of shoulder padding. will this do the trick? 

Not much padding is a good idea. Same for 2-button, single-breasted. Besom or flap pockets? Side vents, center vents, or none? Would need to see pictures.

2themoon

Reaction score
I have three brooks brothers suits off the rack. they are fitzgerald cuts. I have a hugo boss suit and a Z Zegna suit and they (hugo and zegna) fit a lot slimmer on me. Especially the pants and around my thighs.

How would I get a slimmer fitting pant through the thigh?

2themoon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads