Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Made to Measure and Burberry

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by archibaldleach, Nov 20, 2006.

1. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Distinguished Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for awhile, but this is my first time posting. I'm a recent college graduate who is finally starting to build out a decent wardrobe and I'm looking to make a few good additions after the new year. I recently received by first CEGO shirts and should get getting a Sam Hober tie soon, as they seemed to be good values.

I've read a lot of reviews of custom tailors like Mr. Ned's, and there seems to be a decent following for his clothes here. I was wondering how his clothes compare in both quality and cost with made to measure from some of the more well known brands. I guess Zegna, Hickey Freeman, and others are coming to mind, but I'm sure there are good ones that I'm missing. I guess what I'm looking for is whether there's quality to be gained by going to one of these places vs. a Mr. Neds, or if I'm paying for a brand for the most part, which is something I would like to avoid doing.

Also, I've been spending a decent amount of time at Burberry recently, and I've found I really like the look of some of their stuff. I was wondering how the quality is for the price.

Thank you,

ArchibaldLeach