1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Made In USA (Streetwear & Denim American Style)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by 4characters, Aug 4, 2013.

1. clotheshorse69

clotheshorse69 Senior member

Surprised I don't see more Thorogood on the forums. The quality is decent — the Loake shoes of the work boot industry. Their styles are comparable to more popular brands without the extra price.

As far as socks, Woolrich is the big factory that supplies lots of brands; might be best to buy straight from the source.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. 4characters

4characters Senior member

American startup of the day: Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona)

[​IMG]

Lawless Denim is a really fascinating company; especially in the current state of American denim when 85% of American made jeans (including many made by small kickstarted companies) are contracted out to one company to be made in one factory. Unlike many of the other companies, lawless makes there own jeans in their own factory and they aren’t stopping there, they have actually purchased several old shuttle looms are working to weave their own selvedge fabric in-house from sustainably grown Arizona pima cotton useing Arizona copper hardware to finish it off.

While Lawless is getting ready to weave their own denim they currently have jeans made from selvedge denim from the US(Cone Mills) and Japan.

In fact, I Just took a delivery of 18.5oz relaxed straight jeans… And I’m impressed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the features that caught my attention:

- Super heavy and soft selvedge fabric (extremely comfortable)

- Fully lined back pockets and watch pocket

- Nice copper rivets and buttons

- Triple stitching on inside on legs

- Belt loops sewn into waist band

- Heavy duck canvas pocket bags and lining

- Selvedge detailing on fly and watch pocket

- Beautifully executed stitching on fly

- Union Special Chain stitching (In the world of denim, vintage American sewing machines such the Union Special are highly coveted and widely considered to make the finest stitching around)

I’m seriously surprised and impressed with the level of quality, ruggedness, and attention to detail. I really love how they fit too. These truly are premium American made jeans. I’m super happy with these jeans and can’t wait to see what lawless comes up with next.

Here:http://lawlessdenim.com/
    And here is an interesting article about Lawless Denim: http://www.downtownphoenixjournal.c...enim-co-stitches-together-prosperity-phoenix/

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. Adroit

Adroit Senior member

4. Craftsmanship

Craftsmanship Member

120 South State Street, Newtown, PA 18940
    A few great USA Made brands...Topo, Iron & Resin, and Velva Sheen!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Tweedboy

Tweedboy Active Member

Here are my CXL horse hide roofer boots from Thorogood. Made in the USA, bought in Germany and shipped to the UK. They are a seriously sturdy piece of kit. I had a guy stop me on a night out to tell me how awesome they looked![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

great thread!

2 people like this.
  7. 4characters

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Cross post from the thrift thread, but here's a pair of top notch denim jeans made approximately 39 miles from my front door (in Oakland, CA). I absolutely love the craftsmanship in these things. i feel like I'm walking around wearing a work of art. I acquired these in a trade with another SF member based in Brooklyn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Worn with a Patagonia plaid shirt and OG Tevas (the sandals were made in America, but the shirt sadly wasn't)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. 4characters

Fine Light Trading Co. A creative business of one man: Innis Lawrence
    Fine Light Trading makes very nice rings.
    [​IMG]

The rings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here: http://www.finelighttrading.com/

10. 4characters

And thanks Fueco for bringing up Roy. [​IMG] He makes some amazing jeans.

Roy: Jeans Made by One Man Named Roy In Oakland, Ca.
    Roy is perhaps the most well respected denim icon in America. This guy is an artist.
    [​IMG]
    Here: http://www.selfedge.com/roy

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

what a great thread! subscribed!

12. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

I'm happy to have learned about Lawless denim. I have been looking for US made jeans that aren't priced obscenely. Good to see that it's possible to make a good product in the US without overcharging folks.

13. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Funny how quality US made Thorogood boots are harder to come by in the US. I know a quick google search might yield one or two results from their 1892 line but that's about it. I have a pair of Thorogood moc toe boots that I love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Tweedboy

Tweedboy Active Member

Yeah it's wierd that sometimes it's easier to get these things in Europe than the U.S. I've been wearing them a lot and they are getting better all the time. I get more comments on them than most. Wore them out last night with my new Filson Mackinaw and felt great :)

15. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Senior member

Lots of good brands I didn't know about in this thread. And I didn't know Thorogood made sneakers either.

16. nstarleather

nstarleather Active Member

Hello All,
    Been doing quality leather goods in the USA for a long time, but we just added a few items in Horween Leathers:

http://www.nstarleather.com/optimizer/category/Horween.html

I'm looking to get some advise on which of my (other) items would be desirable in Horween Leathers.
    Also of note: The Natrual and Brown/Red CXL as well as the "Russet" color are made from leather I bought from Alden- so you know they're great durable leathers. The other colors are Horween "Shoe Leather" as well.

17. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I'd like to see more offerings in navy CXL. Very underrated color IMO Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. nstarleather

I really wish I had gotten more Navy in the scrap buy I got- I have 10,000+ pounds of leather but have just enough Navy CXL to make just a couple items (if you want something in Navy, PM me).

19. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

Hand made watch straps are pretty popular. I would probably buy one, in fact, to add to my collection.

20. nstarleather

Watch bands are something we're considering...