1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Made In USA (Streetwear & Denim American Style)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by 4characters, Aug 4, 2013.

1. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Huge source of pride for all Americans: The heaviest denim ever made in USA is here today! 26 ounce denim made in USA! American made jeans to last a decade…
    "This fabric can only be described by one word: BEAST. By far the heaviest selvedge we've ever used - this one is in a weight class of it's own (Gustin)."
    [​IMG]
    Next to regular denim:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Available hear:
    https://www.weargustin.com/store/58...ail&utm_term=0_e38caca900-333fa3a594-75179753
    Go hear to get five dollars knocked off the price: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/25393

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. 4characters

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  3. 4characters

American made clothing company of the day: Appalatch Outdoor Apparel
    This company makes custom made 3D-printed sweaters, tees, Henley’s, and other cool stuff.
    It's basically a blend of traditional sustainability and modern technology.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hear: http://appalatch.com/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  4. 4characters

Look what just came in the mail: Hank Player Tee's
    These American made Tees are made with 100% pure American grown long staple cotton (Supima). I am quite pleased with these shirts; they are well made, well fitting, shiny, vibrantly colored and very soft. Due to the cotton they should also get better with age.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hear: https://www.hankplayer.com/product.php?product=711

5. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

Super cool thread. Lots of schooling going on here. Would be interesting to hear the brand's stories too.

6. notoalex

notoalex New Member

[​IMG]

New Red Wing 953s worn with Levi 508s (Mexico, almost...) and Wigwam socks. Next to my Hoffman's lineman boots.

7. 4characters

8. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Surprised that a lot of the made in USA brands that are mentioned elsewhere on Styleforum haven't been mentioned in this thread. Some of them also have non-USA made stuff, but it's worth mentioning Epaulet, Band of Outsiders, Triple Aught Design, Taylor Stitch, Corter Leather, Randolph Engineering, AO Optics, Save Khaki, Alternative Apparel, American Apparel, Brooks Brothers (Black and Golden Fleece lines), Parke and Ronen, Danner Boots, and Johnson Leathers. Well those are the ones I have personal experience with, but I know there are much more.

1 person likes this.
  9. 4characters

Product of the day: Premium American sneakers union made in Wisconsin by Thorogood
    It turns out that New Balance is not the only company that makes athletic shoes in the USA.
    These Thorogood sneakers are made for people who are on their feet all day. Police officers, postal workers, and many other public employees have long known about these sneakers, but most Americans don’t even know they exist. But now you do.
    What caught my eye with these was the materials and build quality. They are made of Soft Full Grain Glove Leather with a Vibram® Slip/Abrasion-Resisting Rubber soul. These features are impressive for any sneaker. And the cost is equivalent to a pair of base level Air Jordan’s. This is because Thorogood has a consistent steady demand from public agencies, so no advertizing or celebrities needed, they can just concentrate on streamlining production and keeping the prices competitive while also building a new classic
    American high top sneaker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Check these out Hear: http://www.officerstore.com/store/product.aspx/productId/14368/Thorogood-Code-3-Mid-Cut/?gclid=CLKp_bmijr4CFenm7AodSTMAKg
    See all Thorogood’s athletic shoes here: http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=2&catid=157

10. 4characters

The classic sportswear brand Champion still makes clothing in the USA
    The only problem is it’s not sold in the US… However, it can still be gotten from Japan. It’s a strange world we live in when one has to go to Japan to buy clothing that is made in America…
    In any case...
    Hear it is: http://www.hanesbrandsinc.jp/champion_list/4.html

1 person likes this.
  11. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Senior member

this is interesting...can you confirm that these are actually manufactured by Champion and they're not just licensing their name to a 3rd-party manufacturer here in the US? i'd be surprised if Champion still owns any production facilities stateside.

12. 4characters

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  13. 4characters

Goodwear: Well made casual clothing.
    I’ve read about Goodwear and supposedly they use average quality cotton, but make their garments quite thick and well crafted. For these reasons this brand is one often favored by the high-end work wear community in the US, UK, Japan, and others…
    [​IMG]
    Also there is talk of possibly considering doing a super-heavyweight Supima t-shirt which would push the envelope indeed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is a description by Aero leathers:
    "Goodwear's trademark heavyweight T is tubular, two-needled, and built to last. Made In USA, these T-shirts are American made at every step along the supply chain, from US-grown cotton to domestic ginning and spinning, to assembly with American truckers transporting their raw materials and finished products

We've conducted our own tests here at Aero, our Goodwear test shirts have had on average 40 washes each, there is no loss of shape, stretching round the neck, Yes Goodwear DO make the World's Best T-Shirts!!!

Shrink can range from 3-10% depending on washing and drying time and heat (aeroleather)."

Hear: http://www.goodwear.com/

14. 4characters

On the topic of Goodwear
    A friend of mine just picked up a Goodwear grab bag for $20. It includes five heavyweight tee shirts. These are not irregulars either “All of the shirts offered are first quality from top of production, salesmen samples, and showroom samples.”
    There are a few left hear: http://www.goodwear.com/grab-bag-special/
    I will post pictures of what comes in the grab bag in a few days.

15. 4characters

And they have arrived…
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (from left to right) Heavy Indigo died waffle tee, Super heavy 7.2oz pocket tee, Heavy Natural white tank top, Thin sample long sleeved shirt, and 50 cotton/50 bamboo v-neck.
    [​IMG]
    The one which I thought was nicest: 7.2oz pocket tee
    [​IMG]
    Especially noticeable is the nice stitching and extreme heft of the fabric
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  16. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

4characters. Thanks for sharing. I like them all. My grab bag should be here in next few days. I will take a pic. I hope to get a pocket t Henley and waffle. Thanks again for sharing the opportunity

1 person likes this.
  17. 4characters

Nostalgic item of the day: Loop Wheeled Sweatpants

In the 20’s-60’s sweatshirts and sweatpants were much nicer and more comfortable than today; this is because they were made on a marvelous American invention called the loop wheel machine. Loop wheel machines are circular knitting looms that weave a fabric without inbuilt tension which makes a very soft, durable, and lofty fabric.
    The problem with loop wheel machines though was they were very slow so they were scrapped to be replaced by faster machines that mostly made inferior fabric. The remaining loop wheel machines were sold to Japan and Germany were companies like Loopwheeler and Merz b. Schwanen still use them today to make high-end clothing.
    Here is a fine example of vintage loop wheeled sweatpants:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  18. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I like the US made t-shirt blanks from Royal Apparel. Super comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  19. 4characters

Look what just came in the mail: Thorogood sneakers
    I was quite surprised with the quality of these; they are really top notch sneakers with nice thick almost boot-like leather(no fake leather at all), a sculpted fit, good support, hefty laces, and a Vibram sole. Much better quality than Air Jordans.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These: http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=2&catid=157