• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made In USA (Streetwear & Denim American Style)

4characters

Reaction score
American made product of the day: the minimalist cordovan wallet

Cordovan + Waxed Linen Thread + Handmade in USA =
smile.gif

Found hear: http://www.etsy.com/listing/164442779/horween-shell-cordovan-wallet-reversed?ref=shop_home_feat

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
Small American leather shop of the day: One Star
This shop works leather in a really traditional manner: hand stitching, waxed linen thread, Horween leather, etc…
“100% handmade-in-the-USA product. No sewing machines, no assembly lines. Just top quality raw materials put together by hand.”

hear: http://www.etsy.com/shop/OneStarLeatherGoods

4characters

Reaction score
Product of the day--- Cone Pima Fire: High-end long staple cotton selvedge jeans made in the USA by Gustin with US made Cone Denim!

“Gustin jeans made from sanforized raw selvedge denim from Cone Mills White Oak plant in Greensboro, North Carolina.

We normally find very classic dark indigo styles from our friends at Cone. This style is something much more unique. For starters, this is deadstock fabric, no longer in production. Both the warp and weft use 100% Pima cotton. This is a long-staple cotton variety renowned for luxuriousness and durability. This style is the by far the most textured Cone Mills selvedge we've ever discovered. A highly slubby warp yarn results in a very streaky appearance. The white weft shows through prominently and randomly against the indigo warp creating a fiery look. Great fades are in store for a denim like this one. It's a mid-weight 12.5oz and is finished with a walnut brown selvedge ID. Definitely the most bold USA selvedge we've found so far and one we're grabbing a pair to wear.”

Hear: https://www.weargustin.com/store/268

Note: the significance of these jeans is:
- They were Just released the day of this post
- They are Long staple cotton like the best of the jeans from japan so they are actually competitive with the best brands from japan
- Some companies like 3-sixteem make long staple cotton jeans in the US, but Gustin’s new jeans use American made long staple cotton denim ware most of the others use Japanese denim

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
Guess what just came in the mail today….

You guessed it, socks! Our favorite topic!
But not just any socks, they are made in the America by Flint and Tinder with Supima cotton: American long staple cotton. They are super soft, super well made and very rugged.

I have a couple extra pairs of Maggie’s socks (also American made) for comparison and I’d say they are about comparable…. both are nice, but Maggie’s are more traditionally made and F+T’s are more modern with reinforcements, elastic, cushioning, breathing patches, etc... maybe better for hiking?

4characters

Reaction score
American product of the day: The Stand-Up Beanie
Knit in America by hand on a small circular loom that weaves a fabric so tight that the hat can stand up on its own! This thing is built so well it could easily outlast me!
50% merino wool
50% alpaca
Made by local crafts person, but with a PM I may be able to help someone locate one if anyone has a burning desire to own a hat like this…

4characters

Reaction score

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4Characters,

thanks for the starting the thread. I have enjoyed seeing the products you highlighted and may even buy a few. I have been looking for some shoe laces so I'll tae a look at the kickstarter program and may back a few pairs

thanks again!

DuckOB

4characters

Reaction score
Speaking of American made shoe laces and lacing up blue… I have a story about lacing up brown.
A while back my dad was with a friend driving somewhere in my dad’s friend’s old truck and then the truck broke down… it turned out to be a broken belt. So hear was my dad and his friend stranded out in the middle of nowhere with a broken belt. Luckily my dad’s friend was wearing White’s boots, so he took his nice leather boot laces and tied them just right so he could just limp the truck home using the bootlaces as a belt. The funny part is when he got home he actually had forgotten all about the broken belt until a few weeks later and he ran his White’s boot laces for all that time without even being able to tell a difference… The laces had held despite undergoing untold hardship and beating during those weeks.

The boot laces: http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29800
BTW: Thanks for your kind words DuckOB

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
Last edited:

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
I've been on a Made in the USA kick for the past couple of months, so I recently bought a pair of Buckley Denim jeans from a local store. I got the heavy weight "slim" model and am extremely impressed. They aren't slim as in skinny and are comfortable in the place where it really matters. The only experience I have with selvedge denim are 2 pairs of N&F (weird guy), but the fit of the Buckley's is a little better and I really like the deep pockets.

If anyone living in the Atlanta area wants to try a pair, I highly suggest The Clothing Warehouse in Little Five Points. The founder/co-owner of the store is Jim Buckley...you will get these jeans at a great price.

Crappy phone pics:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads