• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made In USA (Streetwear & Denim American Style)

4characters

Reaction score
Hi, I’m hoping to make a thread for American streetwear.

This thread can be a fun thing for:
Pictures
Stories
Resources
Community
And rediscovering the wonders of the west.

There are many other nations that are wonderful and make lovely streetwear, this thread is certainly not made to go against that. This thread could be a great celebration of American streetwear and a cultural rediscovery of America.

Take advantage of this thread: post what you got and post what you know.

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really feelin this shirt, it's a must kop:

BenMusch

Reaction score
Let's get this started. TOJ, Gitman, Oak street. 1 and 3 are americana-ish but I could see them being worn in a more streetwear-ish way.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need this made in america though, i'm thinking nike re releasing this from the vault but made in usa?

4characters

Reaction score
This vintage Schott is the best jacket I have ever owned and one of the only jackets that fits my long arms. I swear, having long arms in only good for getting into knife fights and riding motorcycles… It seems that fate has doomed me to a life of wearing bomber jackets and riding vintage motorbikes, but on the other hand I can never be a Nazi… Because doing those funny solutes would make my sleeve go halfway to my elbow and would look ridicules.

The leather is getting dry, would anyone suggest a good leather product to replenish the leathers natural oils?

I’ve had Robin zippers on a couple on old American leather jackets… They are the heaviest/best zippers I have ever seen. I looked up Robin zippers and haven’t been able to find out anything about them on the web.

Marlin Brando wearing a Schott jacket and selvedge Levis as seen in the movie "The Wild One".

Feel free to ask questions or post anything that strikes your fancy.

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
I have been looking for a biker wallet and belt to match my navy Chrome Excel White’s SD boots.
I’m still looking, but in the process I have found a few small American leather shops. Etsy.com is actually really good for finding old world American craftsmanship.

Here are the leather shops I found:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/OneStarLeatherGoods?ref=l2-shop-info-name
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WHEarl?ref=l2-shop-info-avatar
http://www.etsy.com/shop/woodnsteel?ref=l2-shop-info-avatar
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FatteaManoLeather?page=3

Any help in finding a Navy Chrome Excel biker wallet (like pictured) or belt would be greatly appreciated.

4characters

Reaction score
Putting together an American made wardrobe…
Jacket--- Schott (USA)
Shirt--- Pendleton (USA)
Jeans--- Stronghold (USA)
Belt--- Justin (USA)
Buckle--- Rodeo Silver (USA)
Leather Case--- Occidental Leather (USA)
Boots--- Tony Lama (USA)

Can you help me out; educate me, what’s good that’s made hear in the USA.
What are the basics in an American wardrobe?

TactileOne

Reaction score
Jeans and belt Gustin
Dress boots/shoes Alden
Work boots Wolverine 1000 mile

4characters

Reaction score
For a while now I have been looking for some good American made socks… I recently found some nice ones that I ordered and they just came today and they are perfect (Thick, soft, comfortable, etc..).
What attracted me to them is that they are traditionally made in the USA on old-world style sock looms using 99% un-dyed long staple cotton.
Hear they are:

TactileOne--- Thank you for your responce, great info!

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
Hear is some NOS American made clothing I just got today...

Can you find the pocket on the shirt?

Ask a question.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics