• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in the USA Briefcases

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I'm starting to move more towards Made in the USA :slayer:, I'm looking for full duty leather briefcase. What is out there and what are your thoughts?

M&W Traveler
Frank Clegg Leatherworks

What are people's thoughts on hard leather vs soft leather briefcases?

emptym

Reaction score

emptym

Reaction score

I like it.
I don't like the logos they put on it.

Normally, I hate logos too. But theirs is small and nice. One reason to hate logos is that they're a form of bragging. But almost no one knows who Glaser is, so that doesn't apply here. Another reason is that logos are free advertising for a company. Most companies I wouldn't want to advertise for, but I'm very happy to for small, excellent businesses that focus on quality craftsmanship, particularly family-run ones.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All I can say is mine is a kick ass bag and I never really notice the logo, but YMMV.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally love the charm of a substantial and chunky Saddleback leather bag.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the M&W Traveller bag for almost 2 years and love it. It is heavier than the nylon bags, but looks great and is bulletproof. The ergonomics on it are also great. I travel for work 30+ weeks a year, so it gets used pretty hard.

I also have to commend the customer service. I tore the back flap (where you would tuck a magazine) almost off on the underside of an airline seat. I sent it back to them in Oklahoma. I expected to have to pay for this as it was clearly damage and not a defect at all, but they fixed it and shipped it for free in about a week and a half. They even conditioned it for me.

The only downside is the additional weight, but that's not a big deal for me as I usually have so much weight in the stuff packed in there (laptop, charger, notebooks, reading books,magazines, files, etc.) that it would be heavy regardless of the weight of the bag.

Last edited:

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't like the logos they put on it.

More than likely, nobody else where you live will have a Glasser briefcase. It's not like you will be accused of going along with the crowd, copying what others do! Just my .02.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads