• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in the USA Bostonians

Sebastian

Reaction score
I bought a pair of NOS Bostonians at Ebay yesterday and would like to have some information regarding the quality.

Honestly, I bought them, because I liked the look and the color is just gorgeous. So, it doesn't matter, if it really was a bargain or not.

They are from a time, when Bostonians were still made in the US, so they are most likely not as bad, as they are today.
How would you compare them to todays AEs? Are they lower quality or about equal?

I would appreciate some info, thanks!

Here is the link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230308732394

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice score on those Bostonians, nice last shape. Post more pics and comment on quality when they arrive!

Sebastian

Reaction score
Well, you posted the auction on the BS thread in the first place.

So, I have to blame you, for my spending more money on shoes as I should this month.
tounge.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or thank me if they turn out to be as nice as they appear in the listing pics!
smile.gif

Sebastian

Reaction score
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Just for the record: The seller says, these are calf, not corrected grain.

izlat

Reaction score
very nice-looking shoes, indeed. I may need to scour ebay more often
smile.gif
Congrats

Sebastian

Reaction score
Thanks, I hope they are as nice, as on the pics.

Anyway:
Nobody here, who has experience with vintage Bostonians? Where are all the Trad- guys??

I suppose I will see them in person soon, but a little info would be nice anyway!

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have any info on those shoes, but they are the best looking Bostonians I have ever seen. They're my size too! I've been too busy at work to browse Ebay and those slipped through...argh!
plain.gif

I hope they're as great as they look in the pictures and enjoy them!

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a black pair like the OP's and I thought they were nice shoes. I don't know how they compare to AE of equal vintage (early 80's). My Bostonian ownership experience is with the attached shell cordovan plain toes which are the best built double soles I've ever worn. I also own the corrected grain Bostonian Malden wingtips purchased in 1998. It took about 7 years of inconsistent wear to finally break them in now they're too small.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads