• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Peitron

Reaction score
Thank you. Are you happy with how the museum calf ages? I'm trying to decide between vegano and museum calf, and wondering if one ages better than the other.

No issues, just avoid harsh cleaners. I have Dark Brown, Burdeos and Marron Medio and they have l progressed very well.

Skepti

Reaction score
Tell me what size I will have in Picasso. My foot length is 267mm. The girth in the bunches of the fingers is about 243mm. Is there a length and width measurement for TLB lasts like Yanko or Enzo Bonafé?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell me what size I will have in Picasso. My foot length is 267mm. The girth in the bunches of the fingers is about 243mm. Is there a length and width measurement for TLB lasts like Yanko or Enzo Bonafé?
The general consensus from this thread is to write to them: they would give you all the advice you need, probably more accurate than any other recommendation.

mdjd

Reaction score
I haven't seen many examples of TLB shell - anyone have some they would share pictures of/experiences with?
How do you feel generally about cordovan double monk straps? I like the idea in oxblood.

Camerashy

Reaction score

JohanNiklas

Reaction score
Tweed and TLB faux brogues. Van Gogh last and city sole. Looking forward to see them develop patina...

20221209_110911.jpg

Sam L

Reaction score
What would you recommend as the Saphir Medaille d'Or Crème Pommadier color for dark brown vegano shoes? Havana or dark brown?

Emil S

Reaction score
What would you recommend as the Saphir Medaille d'Or Crème Pommadier color for dark brown vegano shoes? Havana or dark brown?
Both depending on taste, Havana has a tint of red hue in it while dark brown is more pure dark brown. I would go with Havana cream and black/dark brown polish.

Moo Wenwu

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping to get some sizing help. After talking with Toni and ordering an Artista (Picasso Last) in Size 9F (UK Sizing), I noticed that it's a little too roomy. I'm not sure if it's length, width, or last issues though. My heel doesn't stay put, and it's concerning.

When measuring against my Allen Edmonds shoes (65 last, e.g. Park Avenues) in 10D (US Sizing), I notice the instep of the Picasso Last might be a little larger. I'm not sure if it's a width issue or last issue though. Here are some photos for reference. You'll notice there's no "V" at all when I tie my shoes. It can't tighten around my feet. I'm not sure if I should exchange for -0.5 size or if I need tongue pads or whatever. Anyone have insights, especially if Allen Edmonds' 65 last works for you?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6059.jpeg
    IMG_6059.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_6060.jpeg
    IMG_6060.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 168

Peitron

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping to get some sizing help. After talking with Toni and ordering an Artista (Picasso Last) in Size 9F (UK Sizing), I noticed that it's a little too roomy. I'm not sure if it's length, width, or last issues though. My heel doesn't stay put, and it's concerning.

When measuring against my Allen Edmonds shoes (65 last, e.g. Park Avenues) in 10D (US Sizing), I notice the instep of the Picasso Last might be a little larger. I'm not sure if it's a width issue or last issue though. Here are some photos for reference. You'll notice there's no "V" at all when I tie my shoes. It can't tighten around my feet. I'm not sure if I should exchange for -0.5 size or if I need tongue pads or whatever. Anyone have insights, especially if Allen Edmonds' 65 last works for you?

Thanks!

I have a similar issue. I'm a perfect 10.5D on the AE 65. The 9.5F Artistas were a tad big, I had heel slippage and have to use tongue pads and and extra leather insole (which I asked Toni to send). I downsized to 9F on the Main Alan last and the fit was much better. Next time I do an Artista, I'll go down to 9 and request a Main sole to better accommodate my overpronation.

Moo Wenwu

Reaction score
I have a similar issue. I'm a perfect 10.5D on the AE 65. The 9.5F Artistas were a tad big, I had heel slippage and have to use tongue pads and and extra leather insole (which I asked Toni to send). I downsized to 9F on the Main Alan last and the fit was much better. Next time I do an Artista, I'll go down to 9 and request a Main sole to better accommodate my overpronation.

I was going to request a size exchange. I think their website said they’ll do one courtesy size exchange? Did you do a custom order and couldn’t?

Peitron

Reaction score
My first pair weren't exchangeable because I bought them at an online retailer at a heavily discounted price. After that they all have been MTO.

mdjd

Reaction score
^^^ Toni bought some cordovan from Rocado a while back, we did a really nice Group-MTO in it for example (see below, this is main line on Alan, was before Artista was developed), and could be he had some hides in unusual colours left, like navy.

View attachment 1644222
Did you end up getting these personally? I've been looking into shell double monks and can't find much on the ground reporting

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads