• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

lvoonjian8888

Reaction score
Just received my pair of TLB Double Monks Keaton Alan Last in Brown. Love the shoe very much. The shoe came with F Fitting. It hugs my leg nicely, I would said snug fit. Quality is top notch in this price point. I got it from Pediwear Closing Down deal around £183, after my country duty tax & shipping fees, it is around £231.

Love the brown colour. Not too light nor dark which make the shoe very versatile when it comes to clothes or suits matching. Besides, the shoe come with minor bevel waist, never thought I can get bevel waist shoe in this price point. Below is the shoe pictures before I shine it, will post more photos once I done the mirror shine.

20220919_165015.jpg
20220919_165028.jpg
20220919_165037.jpg

GrahamM

Reaction score
Folks,

I was thinking of having a pair of Artista 140 boots (sort of like the EG Galway) made in dark brown suede on Goya last. Few questions:

1) Would the combination of boot type, suede and slimness of the Goya last be a contradiction and make the boot less versatile?

2) In the past I've rad that TLB boot openings are really large. True?

3) I have a pair of derby shoes in Goya in size 7. They fit well but a with a more bulky boot sock, worth increasing the width to a different size?

Cheers

Graham

thuhoan

Reaction score
So, I figured out that if I take the narrower E-width I need to go up 0,5 size in order to fit my toes better, width wise. But then there is the problem that the toebox is becoming low, compared to Carmina Rain, Simpson and Inca. Hope the toe box will loosen up with time.

Like another member said, TLB shoes are indeed lighter and have less construction overall compared to many brands. Especially in the toes where you can press into the toebox

thefoobar

Reaction score
Lasts by Picasso, Goya how does it compare in width with Carmina Rain?
To actually answer the question regarding width: for a given size, Rain is narrower at the forefoot and wider at the heel. Also, for a given size, the main line lasts are narrower than the Artistas at the forefoot, and wider at the heel. Take a look at how narrow the heel is in comparison to the forefoot in these:

Adhazem

Reaction score
To actually answer the question regarding width: for a given size, Rain is narrower at the forefoot and wider at the heel. Also, for a given size, the main line lasts are narrower than the Artistas at the forefoot, and wider at the heel. Take a look at how narrow the heel is in comparison to the forefoot in these:

It’s a G width thought fwiw.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rinaigani