Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Imhoff, Feb 11, 2013.

1. chogall

chogall Senior member

he passed by the creatives open conference room and said something regarding to the car acct?

2. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior member

Ken Cosgrove tap dancing was freaking awesome. The old creeper exec watching bearded dude get his freak on was a little creepy. This episode had a couple of funny moments but was off in my opinion.

3. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

The presence of Harry Hamlin and the increasingly humunculal story lines make me wonder if we're going the way of LA Law. I await episodes featuring lesbianism, bestiality, sex fart anguish, and teaching mentally challenged file clerks how to use prophylactics.

4. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

To be fair they're just mirroring America's growth and shit does start to get pretty fucking silly starting at the end of the 60s....

5. KenRose

KenRose Senior member

I also thought he was going to say "I love you" and instead said "it wasn't your fault". Guess it's not surprising given what we know of Don but that's just what I thought he was going to say

6. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

Basically no plot. Only character development was Peggy increasingly waking up to the fact that she is the one who should actually be in charge.

Pretty great on establishing the atmosphere of fear and loathing/darkness that Hunter Thompson and Norman Mailer tells us was characteristic of the time. Crime, parental neglect, Vietnam, teen sex, bad drug trips, corporate malfunctioning and the general sense that the inmates had taken over the asylum. Genuinely disturbing.

Don & Sylvia on the elevator was great. She didn't realize that the elevator freeze-out is Draper's favorite trick.

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

That entire scene with the elderly black woman and the kids was more tense than anything on Breaking Bad.

Last edited: May 20, 2013

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Great episode. Random and hilarious and pitch perfect. The wheels are falling off for Don, big time. I think in a way the most telling development is how much Don's family has moved on. Betty is looking better, Henry is moving up, and the kids are all looking to him as a father they love and respect rather than to Don.

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I wouldn't be surprised if Don is glad about this

Last edited: May 21, 2013

10. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

What do you think happened to Don between when he came home and passed out and when he got into the elevator with his former mistress? Why/how the sudden about face?

11. sonick

sonick Senior member

He realized he was being a little beta bitch.

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

[​IMG]

13. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Sobering up helped. And he put his "face" back on. The emotional distance and disdain he has cultivated since his childhood in the whorehouse. This despite it being a total facade.

One thing I will say about Mad Men: their depiction of drug use/being high is pretty much always spot on.

14. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Dawn's face while watching the high white boys is awesome.

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Megan in a mini dress = :drool: Since she dressed that way to hang with her agent, I wonder if there'll be some hanky panky for her on the casting couch (as Betty was so kind to point out).