Mad Men Season 6 (Begins April 7, 2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Imhoff, Feb 11, 2013.

1. FunLovinStyle

FunLovinStyle Senior member

Good episode from a character perspective; boring episode from a plot perspective. I liked Ted's pwnage of Don in the plane.

2. chogall

chogall Senior member

Was a good episode with lots of workplace politics. And I like how the Wharton dude with coffee finally been able to connect with someone in the office after a few episodes of trying. And that did saved his ass even while Joan is fully aware that its his job.

Liked Ted's description of Draper at his former partners bed side.

3. gort

gort Senior member

I liked Roger's smug re-firing of the one guy whose name escapes me.

4. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Burt Peterson. That scene was classic Roger.

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I thought Don was treating her like shit in order to get rid of her. That's how it worked out anyway.

6. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Not at all. Did you see Don's reaction to her saying it was over? He pleaded. Pleading is not something draper does very often.

Draper - lacked a loving mother figure, but grew up knowing his mother was a prostitute = women hold no value to Draper, yet he is always seeking to be wanted or needed by them.

7. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Don did not take getting dumped well.

Similar to his (non) reaction to the MLK assassination, he couldn't be bothered by the RFK one. Instead he's despondent with worry over his mistress.

Ted was pretty great this episode as was Roger. Bob FINALLY earning the brownie points he so desperately has been yearning for was a long payoff, but in the end proves to be important. I foresee some sexy times play between the young ivy league grad and our redheaded partner and financial officer.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/don-draper-plane-deal.gif

Last edited: May 13, 2013

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Don is a man that lives in boxes of his own creation. With the merger his work box is not 100% under his control and he and Ted are jockeying for position. With that big box out of his iron control he needs to have another box that he rules like a king so he creates the box that in suite #503. In that little box Don is King...for a period of time.

Roger's re-firing was the best scene in epi.

9. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Don definitely wasn't trying to get dumped. Like everything else, he started to get in his alpha domination phase and ended up pushing them too far and destroying the relationship. My guess is that the series will end with his pushing the company relationship too far and some breakdown there that will end up with him dead or back where he started.

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

+1. He tried to over-alpha/over-dominate both Ted and the Doc's Wife, but in the end he ended up getting ass-whipped by both. Interesting how the two storylines kinda ran in parallel.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Are you blind? Did you miss the fact that Don looked like a lost puppy dog when she ended it? I believe he was taking advantage of the fact he finally had her to himself and she technically had no where to go with her husband gone. Of course he over played it and only made her realize sooner that her situation was untenable. Don't know why he was so shook up. Very interesting episode though, Don came off incredibly petty on the personal and professional sides. Roger and Ted were awesome as always. Pete is LOL as usual but you gotta love him. I wonder what happened to Don's secretary...

12. Piobaire

Per my earlier prediction her story arc has fulfilled its purpose with the MLK shooting. Odds are pretty high that's the last of Dawn's character development this season.

13. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior member

Can anyone give me a reminder of why Burt Peterson was fired the first time. It was pretty great seeing Roger fire him a 2nd time. Also Pete is a little bitch. Ted giving up his seat was great.

14. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

No shit, Dick Tracy?

15. Piobaire

Burt was fired when the Brits bought the original company and he was deemed redundant. They had put off firing him while his wife was having some kind of cancer treatment, and then he went ape shit on the way out the door, yelling and knocking over all kinds of things.