• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 5

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back to the show. The gay angle is exactly why I think they should bring Sal back, and why I was very disappointed they cut him loose immediately after the **** hit the fan in that regard. A closeted homosexual in this situation in the 60s would provide a lot of tension and interest; it would be very different from the current gay threads I see in other TV shows.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sal was also a great dresser.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Back to the show. The gay angle is exactly why I think they should bring Sal back, and why I was very disappointed they cut him loose immediately after the **** hit the fan in that regard. A closeted homosexual in this situation in the 60s would provide a lot of tension and interest; it would be very different from the current gay threads I see in other TV shows.

I found his interactions around the office great, and many other scenes, when when it started to get sexual it got trite. Let me be more specific, him being closeted was of interest, and the interpersonal stuff around moments when he was out of his element were great, but the Lucky Strike guy, etc, blah. But, he's out to Don. Much of the tension is dead. He'd need to return in a different light.

Sal was also a great dresser.

Best dressed character on the whole show. Great artwork as well.

Gorthaur Melwasul

Reaction score
It was so many the way Don calmed down Joan.
Get her, give her your coat and buy her a Jaguar....that was great.:slayer:

And the "Take me like this"....:slayer::slayer::slayer:

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should do that at the dealership...except never return and when they cash the 60k check, it will bounce

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I should do that at the dealership...except never return and when they cash the 60k check, it will bounce

LOL jail

violethour1951

Reaction score
he can pull a Don Draper and steal some dead guy's identity, no jail time there

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Funny how the Kinsey spec script was remarkably like several episodes of Trek that actually got made. They all thought it was horrible--which, when you think about the ones it sounded like (particularly "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield") it would have fit right in!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
saved episode's 9 & 10 for tonight :slayer:

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Funny how the Kinsey spec script was remarkably like several episodes of Trek that actually got made. They all thought it was horrible--which, when you think about the ones it sounded like (particularly "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield") it would have fit right in!

But he's black on the left side!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cant remember its title but there is a great doc about Roddenberry done by his son which illustrates this same thing

Allright I'll google it

Trek Nation

velobran

Reaction score
Another fishing reference - when Roger was wearing his Hawaiian shirt and Joan complained about him being loud.

"since you are dressed for fishing, why don't you practice being quiet" or something like that.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well... I'd say that was the BEST episode since the season 3 finale. Hands down. No competition.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads