• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 5

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So its pretty obvious that Sterling and Joan are gonna shack up now.

Dont think he knows the kid is his.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Joan told him she was pregnant last season, and he assumed that she was going to get an abortion. Obviously she didn't, but her husband was still away the whole time. Unless Roger thinks she went and banged another random and got pregnant again immediately after the abortion, he'd have to know.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Considering the comments that were made when she brought the kid to the office....he definitely knows.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure Sterling cares about whether Joan had a kid or not. He's that type of narcissistic person as evidenced by his hallucinations.

I thought Megan had to know better than to pull the juvenile stunt with the sherbert with her husband. She has to know that's what Betty would do and it's not the first time Draper has driven (or flown) away just to escape. Maybe I'm not of the right age to understand but what was the allure of going to a Howard Johnson's for a weekend escape? It's just a hotel with a diner in the lobby right?

Cooper's line about love leave is about on par with his line for Draper when he finally relented and signed a contract with Sterling Cooper.

It would have been nice to see what Cosgrove really thought of the Heinz pitch considering his rapport with Peggy. But oh well, she's off the account.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maybe I'm not of the right age to understand but what was the allure of going to a Howard Johnson's for a weekend escape? It's just a hotel with a diner in the lobby right?

To the average person, at that time, a weekend getaway was unheard of. H Johnson was a novel concept and was unbelievably successful during that era. It had a pool.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To the average person, at that time, a weekend getaway was unheard of. H Johnson was a novel concept and was unbelievably successful during that era. It had a pool.

It wasn't a destination, though, just where you stayed on your way somehere else. Loved those clam boats.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Michelle Collins. I follower her on twitter.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seriously. I'm saddened to hear that she will no longer recapping the Mad Men episodes :(

I'm sure her new gig writing for the kathy griffin talk show is great for her...but it means I sure as hell won't be seeing any more of her writing

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind blown

Alex-Mack-Mad-Men-1332774030.jpg

It's Alex Mack. She is aging rapidly.

I remember this guy too from Clarissa Explains it All:

MAD-MEN-CLARISSA-EXPLAINS-1332803953.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads