1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mad Men Season 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Flambeur, Aug 16, 2009.

1. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

kind of hoping she'd die in childbirth. she annoys me.

2. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

teacher nakey yes good

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

kind of hoping she'd die in childbirth. she annoys me.
    HA me too. She was great season 1 and 2, she's turned into a pain in the ass. It may just because she was preggers and cranky. That's a chick that needs to be taken from behind by the MExican pool boy.

4. robbie

robbie Senior member

i agree w/ kunk, teacher doesn't stand a chance... don smiled, he smiled when she called. i don't know if the man has cracked a sincere smile around betty ever.

5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

betty is kind of a cunt and don will be ball deep in teacher in 2 episodes.

Does anyone else think Don's ability to pull tail is getting cliched or slightly absurd? He talks to the teacher for what, two minutes, and then she's calling him in a drunken mess hitting on him, or trying to? Seriously, we know Don has his foibles. Not every fucking girl needs to show him the stairway to heaven.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

well, comparative to hank on californication and dennis leary on rescue me, don's hookups seem realistic and he seems almost chaste by comparison.

7. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I'm sure the females watching the show have a different take on Betty. I, personally, see the despair in Betty, her being a housewife and sequestered to your home and children, by witnessing my mother's frustration and depression as a housewife.

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

well, comparative to hank on californication and dennis leary on rescue me, don's hookups seem realistic and he seems almost chaste by comparison.

My first thought was Hank, too. His hookups are so stupid that I stopped watching. There's a touch of that with Don Draper, but he's better looking, richer and more alpha than Hank, so it makes more sense and it's not so egregious in the first place. Hank sees and 19 year old model at a stop light and she invites him over for a bone.

9. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

Mad Men Series 6 summer special: Peter Campbell and Ken Cosgrove go back to Princeton. HERE In other news, I'm liking this season. I've seen some people grilling it, and I'm not quite sure where it's going either, but it's still exceptionally satisfying to watch. And admire.

10. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Another great Sterling line in that scene (paraphrasing), "It's never as good as you expect it to be".
    I LOL'd. Another great episode all around....probably the best of the season so far. - The daughter is finally growing on me. She seems the most real. - Betts is being cunty, yes, but she's been through so much. She's basically been forced to bottle up everything in her life. That dream sequence with her mom was very telling. - Waiting room scene was very cool. I liked Don's line when the guy brought out the JW Red Label. "I thought everyone would be celebrating" "I don't know about that, but I'll take one". It amazes me to think that those guys must literally go throughout their day with a perfect buzz. - I recognized Yeardly Smith right away. - The Pete Campbell flogging and that story line was good. - Peggy's scene with Don was interesting. I wonder if she'll get the balls to leave. Mad Men continues to be the best show on TV, IMO. Can't wait for the next episode. Almost forgot to mention the teacher. The comments made remind me of this: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...-guide/787241/

11. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Almost forgot to mention the teacher. The comments made remind me of this:

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...-guide/787241/

LOL - "Let's get me out of these clothes."

It's funny - the times I've seen this Jon Hamm outside of Madmen, he seems kind of goofy. Is that the right word? Unassuming - that's it.

12. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

haha i compare don's prowess with the women akin to christian troys' of nip/tuck basially if theyre in the show he's going to fuck them the only mystery is when.
    Sally is becoming my favorite charachter with her adorable lisp.
    I would like to see more don vs. duck in the future. btw is it me or does duck look like gw bush's doppelganger (i've thought this of the actor ever since he i saw him in season one of desperate housewives).
    Bets is becoming annoying but i feel for her she could have had someone who appreciates her and treated her like a queen and she carries that resentment well in the show.
    Also in every episode it looks like bert cooper is about to keel over and die which i find amusing.

Peggy is getting to be a major beeatch i'm hoping some fireworks with her and the rest of sterling cooper ala the roomate prank call by the guys.

The villian pete is not doing his job he needs to be more villianous.
    My only criticism of this brilliant show is sometimes it moves way to slow when it doesnt need to.

13. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I did not like the obnoxious dream sequences at all. It just makes the show seem too full of itself.

The elevator scene was great. Both of them were so desperate, and it made the whole thing seem ridiculous that it was just over "Why was it an RCA?" Pete has to be my favorate character now, even more than Peggy.

I also think the guard was just embarrassed by how sentimental he got in front of Don. Consider the time and his profession.

Duck is such an idiot. They really contrasted how inept he is compared to Don with his smug nature, baseless self confidence, and horrible persuasive skills. He bothers me so much because so many of my peers are like him. If this show wasn't about the 60s, Duck would represent all the problems with generation Y.

14. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

It's funny - the times I've seen this Jon Hamm outside of Madmen, he seems kind of goofy. Is that the right word? Unassuming - that's it.

Reminds me of Michael Chiklis when he's not in character (Vic Mackey in the Shield). Which I find incredibly annoying in both cases, and why I don't care for either outside of their respective roles.

15. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Duck is such an idiot. They really contrasted how inept he is compared to Don with his smug nature, baseless self confidence, and horrible persuasive skills. He bothers me so much because so many of my peers are like him. If this show wasn't about the 60s, Duck would represent all the problems with generation Y.

VERY interesting point

16. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Agreed. He was always the anti-Don Draper.

"Here, Campbell, have a nosh"

what a douche.

17. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Duck is one of my favorite characters. Is something wrong with me?

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

every agency has a divorced drunk like him, too.

19. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

epic episode tonight!

20. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I do not watch this show for shock gore. Bad form.