• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men season 2 discussion

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I was very suprised at how well behaved Don was in the season premiere this evening. It was kind of a shock to see Betty behaving in a way I'd come to expect from Don.

What do you guys think about things one episode in?

rolex

Reaction score
dang. missed it. gotta catch the rerun.

Forkit

Reaction score
******* love that show. Alpha males at work!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great show. I missed it a lot. With this and Generation kill, Sunday is my new favorite day of the week

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I was very suprised at how well behaved Don was in the season premiere this evening. It was kind of a shock to see Betty behaving in a way I'd come to expect from Don.

What do you guys think about things one episode in?

I just caught up on season 1 last week.

I thought the premiere for season 2 was a little subdued...not much happened. Looks like there may be a little tension between Don and the new creative director (whats his name agian?). Also, I wonder who he sent that book to in the last scene though.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
Uhm, all I have to say is screw that piece of crap show...we watched the first season marathon last week and they kept talking about the 16 emmy noms...16 emmy noms and The Wire didn't get jack...hilarious...that show is a snoozefest.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
I just caught up on season 1 last week.

I thought the premiere for season 2 was a little subdued...not much happened. Looks like there may be a little tension between Don and the new creative director (whats his name agian?). Also, I wonder who he sent that book to in the last scene though.

Don is the Creative Director, I think you're reffering to the head of Accounts (the guy who is pushing for new blood in the creative staff)

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duck is head of accounts. Interesting that he wears non-matching vests with his suits.

I figure Don sent the book to the beatnik girl he had been seeing earlier in season 1.

I'm just diappointed I can't watch the new episodes HD--I've watched most of season 1 on ondemand in HD.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I couldnt figure out if Peggy is now seen as an outsider by her fellow gal-workers, and whether or not Joan was being sarcastic in referencing giving Peggy respect. Didnt they end up putting the copy machine inside Peggy's office? which doesnt seem like something you'd do to a person you like.

some reason I kept thinking (or maybe hoping) that Betsy was going to offer the tow truck driver a *******....esp with her run-in with the friend who's now supposedly a coat hangers

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
some reason I kept thinking (or maybe hoping) that Betsy was going to offer the tow truck driver a *******....esp with her run-in with the friend who's now supposedly a coat hangers

+1. I didn't get that whole scene, "Are we enegotiating?" etc.

bcate3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
+1. I didn't get that whole scene, "Are we enegotiating?" etc.

+1. I, too, thought some act was, ahem, coming. I guess will have to wait for season 3 since her character may be used to personify the sexual revolution.

Caomhanach

Reaction score
I tried watching the show. Then I turned it off. I saw the Off Broadway play; alcoholic businessmen who marketed the american dream into economic Draino made in China sold by Walmart, and now sit around retired watching Tom Hanks laud 'America's greatest generation' and scoff at Global Warming, play golf and dress like slobs after wife # 2/3 gives the ties and swank cufflinks to the Goodwill.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The writing seems no better this year with it's megaphoned "Look what we used to be like!" The 60s weren't like that.

A shame and waste of potential.

lefty

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a good episode. Peggy lost a lot of (baby) weight, and I don't think Joan was being sarcastic with regards to giving Peggy respect, I didn't notice any mischief in her eye or tone of voice. I actually missed the last few episodes of last season so It was hard to piece things together. And, I wasn't surprised by the behavior exhibited by Betty with the two truck driver. I think that part of her has always been simmering beneath the surface, especially because she wasn't at all disgusted by the fact that her former roommate was a tootsie.

But, the men are still assholes, which is probably why I like watching the show. The more it progresses, the worse they look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads