1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mad Men season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by robbie, Jul 28, 2008.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Why is AMC so stupid? If you look at the schedule on their site, it will tell you when the show is going to air, but there is no indication of which episode will be airing when. Grrrrrrr.

10pm - the episodes after are reruns.

2. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

I figure Don sent the book to the beatnik girl he had been seeing earlier in season 1.

I believe that season 2 takes place a few years after season 1 so it's conceivable that it's neither Midge or Rachel.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Wait--it's years?! I totally didn't pick up on that. I thought season 1 ended at thanksgiving, season 2 picked up the following February. Refs to Valentine's Day, Peggy dropping weight, etc.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

season 1 finishes at end of 1960 (nov)

season 2 is beg of 1962 (feb)

and i thought it odd they are still gossiping about Peggie's weight a year after the fact

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Guess I'm retarded.

Me, too, I was clueless. Pete Campbell's still in the same position? He hasn't sucked someone's cock for a promotion, or had his wife's daddy pull some strings in another agency, or both?

7. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Guess I'm retarded.

They didn't make it obvious so go easy on yourself, ha ha. I read an interview with the show's creators which stated the gap in time between seasons.

8. robbie

robbie Senior member

Does anyone else think Don looks much older this season than in the first? He has always had that stern look, but he just looks beat and old.

9. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

They didn't make it obvious so go easy on yourself, ha ha. I read an interview with the show's creators which stated the gap in time between seasons.

Yeah, I didn't realize the time frame until after the show was over and they had a brief interview with the show's creator and he talked about how Season 2 begins 14-months after the end of Season 1. I'm not really sure why except that it does provide a lot of opportunity for flashbacks and rapid character development.

10. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

"Believe me, I will ruin him. Do what I say." Walks back to table, wipes hand. Awesome.

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

"Believe me, I will ruin him. Do what I say."

Walks back to table, wipes hand.

Awesome.

Indeed. I loved that scene. I wanted him to wipe his hand on her dress though.

Who was that comedian supposed to be? Joey Bishop?

12. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Watched all of Season 1 over the last week and the first episode of Season 2 last night.

It's nice to see Peggy with a bit more balls, but she's got this power going to her head thing going on which doesn't really suit her. I spent most of the first season wishing she would harden up a bit and get back at that douchebag Campbell.

Speaking of which, I love Campbell. There are so many guys like that around its great to see him get perpetually shafted. Though I'm a little surprised as some other poster said that he is still with the company considering his parents and wife's connections.

And also glad to see that Sterling made a full recovery, he's definitely my favourite character. His line to Joan about riding those rolling hills was great.

13. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Indeed. I loved that scene. I wanted him to wipe his hand on her dress though.

Don Draper would never sully a woman's dress.

14. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

Don Draper would never sully a woman's dress.

Too much of a gentleman for that [​IMG]

15. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I still can't believe what I saw. I'll bet for the syndication version they will edit it so it just looks like he's pulling her hair.

16. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

I still can't believe what I saw. I'll bet for the syndication version they will edit it so it just looks like he's pulling her hair.

I take it your referring to something that happened in episode 3? ... that is the only one I haven't watched so far

17. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

I take it your referring to something that happened in episode 3? ... that is the only one I haven't watched so far
    You will definately know what it is when you see it..shall we say it will "grab your attention?"

18. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Don Draper is a badass. [​IMG]

19. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Don Draper is a badass. [​IMG]

Can't wait to get home and watch episode 3 ...

... I've been picking them up off piratebay, is there any better place? Maybe one that updates you when a new episode is out?

Speaking of which when are they shown every week?

20. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Just watched episode 3 ... damn, I am going to use that manoeuvre next time I'm negotiating with a woman!