• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men season 2 discussion

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Its hard for me, I kept expecting Don to have a whole life in California. A family, another facet of what he was running away from before, and maybe back to now.

I kept expecting to see this womans kids at some point.

BTW, did she have polio legs? She mentioned her bad legs, and then they showed her walking past and something about her lower half looked off.

I think the 'baptism' in the last scene, and all the stuff with the tarot cards mean we are going to be left at the edge of a cliff, and next June he'll be back to kick ass and take names at Sterling Cooper.

I predict a divorce for Pete, he doesn't want kids... his father in law hates him, his wife is... and his freudian slip and his following around Peggy it would make sense IMO.

I don't think Don and Peggy could ever fall in love or even bump uglies... it just doesn't add up. It would be certainly be a plot twist.

I hope that Peggy uses her new leverage to **** over Pete. It won't happen, but...

I think that Dons 'advice' from the pilot is Petes fate. He is going to get periodic promotions and such and be the friendless exec who has to pay for poon.

great sig Bachbeet!

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie

I predict a divorce for Pete,

Good call, with the upcoming no-fault divorce revolution in the 1960s.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was awesome they got Elizabeth Moss and John Slattery to be a part of the SNL sketch with the show. I have a feeling this is going to give Mad Men a bit of a ratings jump for the next few weeks.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, tonight is the season finale.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
It was awesome they got Elizabeth Moss and John Slattery to be a part of the SNL sketch with the show. I have a feeling this is going to give Mad Men a bit of a ratings jump for the next few weeks.

yea that was cool to see the other cast members, too bad that skit sucked and wasnt funny at all

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
yea that was cool to see the other cast members, too bad that skit sucked and wasnt funny at all
Indeed. Considering Mad Men's serious tone is ripe for parody, they blew it with two completely random characters who have nothing to do with the show. I kind of liked that Don's monologue about the hula-hoop parodied the carousel speech from season 1 though, it was a nice nod to serious fans. Draper's Guide to Picking Up Women started off a little dry and ended up awesome. I just watched the penultimate episode of the season (last week's) and I while I enjoyed it I'm kind of at a loss for Draper's whole California storyline. I mean, yeah, explore the guy's psyche and all, but couldn't you just do that in NY? What happened to badass Don Draper?
frown.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Jon Hamms Monologue was great on SNL.

I kept waiting for this seasons 'Carousel Pitch' and it never came.

I suppose the letter from the hotel was the best Don Draper pitch this season. It will be interesting to see how long this 'new' Don lasts.

I wonder how long the show will go on before Betty is made aware of Dick Whitman, or if she ever will be.

It will be interesting where the show is next summer.

I can't see Duck not drinking himself out of a job.

I predict Pete to be the next divorcee .

and those are the end of my predictions

robbie

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie

I kept waiting for this seasons 'Carousel Pitch' and it never came.

I think it was supposed to be peggy telling pete she ditched his kid.

Don handing Duck his ass in the meeting was nice.

As was Duck's ensuing hissy fit.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn it, I missed like 5 minutes of the episode. I went out for a cigarette during a commercial and paused the show with my DVR. Came back and the DVR froze so I lost where I saved and came back to the scene of Don leaving his office and deciding to leave without his briefcase. I was afriad he got fired or something.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Damn it, I missed like 5 minutes of the episode. I went out for a cigarette during a commercial and paused the show with my DVR. Came back and the DVR froze so I lost where I saved and came back to the scene of Don leaving his office and deciding to leave without his briefcase. I was afriad he got fired or something.

Sounds like you missed the meeting between Sterling Cooper and the brits. Can you get it On Demand? My cable company (Cox) makes it available for free starting today.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope, not with wonderful RCN. Comcast has MadMen On demand in HD but of course how could RCN be good enough to do the same?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
that was a good finale. I'm glad they finally got Peggy and Peter on the same page about the existence of their lovechild

Betty has really gotten to be an interesting character over this season and her bathroom fling was hot

I wonder if the next season will be another 2 years later (1964)...I almost hope not as there is a lot going on now that they need to stay with rather than jump the viewers into the aftermath of everything that's happened this season

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I figure they'll jump to the summer of 63, so they can use the JFK assasination towards the end of the season like they did the bay of pigs this season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics