Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mad Men season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by robbie, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I figured that scene will make Don figure that he doesn't want to be like Roger and try to get back with Betty (by repenting).

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I just watched the first half of season one last night on DVD. It's a very intriguing show, but a little too soap opera for my tastes. I love the interior design and the modern furniture though.

I've been thinking about it this morning and find it still an interesting look at revisionist history of mid-century America. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is always smoking a cigarette like it's their eleventh finger.

3. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Just finished Episode 10.

Missed the first 10 minutes or so, but will probably find a torrent somewhere.

I was glad to see they hadn't completely let go of Glen. He and Betty's relationship is awkward, but makes for great television. I particularly liked the 'I don't like Ham...' rapport.

It did seem a bit unrealistic that the conversation between Betty and Helen Bishop happened immediately after Helen came to confront Betty.

It is so weird she opened up to her like that, I guess she would seem less judgmental or empathetic as a divorcee.

I am beginning to wonder more and more if Pete was adopted, especially with what his father said to him when he asked for money. "we gave you everything, we gave you your name." I suppose that could just be his dad referring to Petes old money status.

who knows.

4. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

That little kid is creepy as hell.

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

the best thing is that he's Matt Weiner's son.

6. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I just learned that almost all of the characters have profiles on Twitter.

You can follow them as they interact with each other and the general public. It's pretty cool!

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I really liked last nite's episode...

who was the gal that played Draper's hookup in California (imdb doenst have all the supporting cast listed)? damn, she is one of the prettiest gals I've seen on tv [​IMG]

8. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

That little kid is creepy as hell.

Totally creepy.

9. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

I've been thinking about it this morning and find it still an interesting look at revisionist history of mid-century America. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is always smoking a cigarette like it's their eleventh finger.

That's the way it was at some places. I was recently looking at a yearbook from a pretty elite university from the early 1960s and on the pages showing the department heads, 1/3 were smoking either a cigarette or a pipe. This assumes that several more also smoked, but at least put it down or didn't happen to be when they were memorialized forever in the yearbook.

10. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

Last night was awesome. Don just got 10x more interesting.

11. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

duck looks to be cutting draper off at the knees with his proposal. i hope chauncey returns in the final episode and rips his throat out. the last two episodes have been excellent.
    who was the gal that played Draper's hookup in California (imdb doenst have all the supporting cast listed)? damn, she is one of the prettiest gals I've seen on tv [​IMG]
    i was trying to figure out who jane was...no dice in imdb either.

12. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

I was saying last night that they do a damn good job casting...

13. micbain

micbain Senior member

duck looks to be cutting draper off at the knees with his proposal.

i hope chauncey returns in the final episode and rips his throat out.

the last two episodes have been excellent.

I wonder if duck is going back to his alcoholic ways. He downed that martini pretty quick. Also, who did Don talk to over the phone when he introduced himself as Dick Whitman? The fellow he met on the train awhile back?

Off topic, but is it just me or does nobody ever drink beer? Always spirits. Was beer frowned upon back then?

14. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

Off topic, but is it just me or does nobody ever drink beer? Always spirits. Was beer frowned upon back then?
    They just had better taste.

15. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

I really liked last nite's episode... who was the gal that played Draper's hookup in California (imdb doenst have all the supporting cast listed)? damn, she is one of the prettiest gals I've seen on tv [​IMG]
    I think it was Laura Ramsey. Even if they don't list here in the cast, there's almost always a thread about the most recent episode where somebody can ID the hot chick.