• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men: Final Season

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This is it folks; the last season of Mad Men. There's some great pics already on the AMC website and the season premier is April 13th.

Here's the final season portraits: http://blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/2014/03/mad-men-final-season-cast-portraits-now-online/

A little JJ photospread.

http://www.violetgrey.com/violet-files/cover-story/january-jones

Last edited:

velobran

Reaction score
They are pulling the same thing as Breaking Bad. 14 episodes split over 2014 and 2015. Booo.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, I caught that and had the same reaction. Not impressed.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It could be worse; it could be the last season of how I met your mother...spread 2 days of activity out across an entire season because you decided to do another season when you were a couple episodes away from finishing what was supposed to be your last (although the last episode was well done).

rclark

Reaction score
They are pulling the same thing as Breaking Bad. 14 episodes split over 2014 and 2015. Booo.
I was disappointed when I read that. Hopefully this doesn't become a recurring thing (7 episode seasons? Come on...)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The main cute chic from "Freaks and Geeks," who was in her mid-20s at the time of the show, is the same chic that lives below Don and Megan Draper, Sylvia Rosen (whom Don is schtooping).

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What show is AMC going to rely on when Mad Men goes off the air? After MM and BB, they have been pretty hit-and-miss. (Rubicon, The Killing, Low Winter Sun, etc..). I suppose they could get by with The Walking Dead but critical acclaim is pretty non-existent on that show.

Last edited:

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The main cute chic from "Freaks and Geeks," who was in her mid-20s at the time of the show, is the same chic that lives below Don and Megan Draper, Sylvia Rosen (whom Don is schtooping).

That just blew my mind so ******* hard I'm not sure how I feel about it or how I missed it. I feel kinda sad, actually.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What show is AMC going to rely on when Mad Men goes off the air? After MM and BB, they have been pretty hit-and-miss. (Rubicon, The Killing, Low Winter Sun, etc..). I suppose they could get by with The Walking Dead but critical acclaim is pretty non-existent on that show.

Yeah, but viewers are not. As much a critical darling as Mad Men has been, it's never done that well in terms of viewership.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
gkjnmj2.jpg

More scenes with Sally hopefully

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know. She was such a cute girl in the earlier seasons with her lisp. Then the only time she was ever on camera was sexualized in some uncomfortable way. It's not presented in a normal way either. When Megan's father said that comment about little girls spreading their legs and flying away, Don, being a alpha he is, would have asked him to leave his home after a comment like that. But he never said anything. Things have just been distorted in an uncomfortable way whenever she's on camera now.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup because women were in no way sexualized during that time period. Young girls were no exception. If you remember, Don had a flirtatious run-in with a young teen at the Stones concert. Pete had the hots for the high school chick. And if it wasn't for Anna's cancer, Don would have banged that barely legal piece of tail back in Cali. The list goes on

I mean, it is odd that the scenes they choose to show Sally in are kinda intimate (her first period; her masturbating) but it's engaging stuff when you consider how messed up her dad is.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics