• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men: Final Season

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Did anyone else get the lulz at Peggy's new ultra-beta boyfriend? Gets veal instead of pasta and he's going to eat it? Then let Peggy make it all better for him? :rolleyes:

They can probably stop hitting us over the head with the concept that Peggy cannot find a man, other than Don of course, that is her equal. That's why she and Don have the relationship they do.

Edit: rewatching it. Peggy tells the little guy in the office, five minutes in, "You want a raise stop acting like a secretary." Again, she's faced with betas.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That scene when Don and Twilight mom are in the alley, and he leans in to kiss her. I was like, "This might be one of the last times we see a female be DTF with Don so blatantly. Oh, Mad Men. I'll miss you so."

Question to fans who've tuned in over the years. Is Mad Men the type of show you'd re-watch when it's over (kinda like The Wire)? After this ep, I'm tempted to go through the earlier seasons again and see how they hold up. As good as BB was, it's not a show I'm in a rush to re-watch.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That scene when Don and Twilight mom are in the alley, and he leans in to kiss her. I was like, "This might be one of the last times we see a female be DTF with Don so blatantly. Oh, Mad Men. I'll miss you so."

Question to fans who've tuned in over the years. Is Mad Men the type of show you'd re-watch when it's over (kinda like The Wire)? After this ep, I'm tempted to go through the earlier seasons again and see how they hold up. As good as BB was, it's not a show I'm in a rush to re-watch.

I might try to go back, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the appeal of re-watching the wire. The wire was a lot more funny, plus the dialogue is snappier. Watching Mcnulty and Lester spar with bubs, stringer, daniels, etc. is much better to re-watch than Draper smoking cigarettes, saying nothing, and bedding women.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I watch a lot of the older episodes. I can't count how many times I've seen the show where everyone in the office is on amphetamines. That eps seemed to get a mixed response here.

Edit: Really, if I'm in the zone at work everything seems to have that sense of haste. That one episodes makes me wonder what it would be like if that went on for 24 hrs or more and with more intensity than I'm in when I'm in the zone sober. I cant think of a single piece of media that made me want to try drugs more than that one episode.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've watched old eps already. Some I skip, some I could watch repeatedly.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can't see myself rewatching it. I grew tired of it a season or two ago. Maybe the first season.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in repeated views of episodes of any series including Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc. Once I know what happens it ruins the suspense and most of the drama.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd watch this one again with my wife since she hasn't seen it. I appreciate the design and composition enough to do it again. Plus, I don't remember a lot of the first few seasons anyways.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I'm not interested in repeated views of episodes of any series including Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc. Once I know what happens it ruins the suspense and most of the drama.

+1.

my exception is Silicon Valley, which I could watch on loop.

Stugotes

Reaction score
I appreciate the design and composition enough to do it again. Plus, I don't remember a lot of the first few seasons anyways.

Same here.

Don's non-white shirts bother me.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You missed a season

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That final shot when Don walks into his apartment...:crackup:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads