• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Macy's Post Christmas sale.

TheDiesel

Reaction score
Deals of up to 75% off. But will this sale exclude the premium brands they sell there? Like Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Coach, well, you get the point. might have better luck at Saks then.

yo!

Reaction score
In am willing to bet that it will exclude RL but probably include CK.

Comparing Saks to Macys is a class 2 fail.

TheDiesel

Reaction score
I'm aware. But Saks carrys both brands, but I'm sure we will find better deals at Saks.

F Macy's.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
It's amazing how bad Macys is. I dont know about other cities in America, but in Chicagoland we've got a solid selection of quality brands. To pay full price for "INC Internation", Perry Ellis, or Lacoste is a ******* joke. A JOKE.

Sorry to sound crass, but it's the truth. You've got a Saks, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdales less than a mile away....and you're going to compete with brands like that? Same thing in the surburbs, except it's Neimans instead of Saks.

Unbelievable.

/end rant. Thank you for the heads up, wasn't knocking your post.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
When will Macy's go bankrupt already?

assuming they keep their head in the sand and keep saying "It's because we took over Fields and changed the name. Thats why we're losing", it shouldn't be much longer.

That's like buying Aston Martin, stuffing it with ****** Chevy parts, and saying "Oh, it's the branding that we lost on". No, morons. Your name isn't the problem, it's the crap you push to market.

TheDiesel

Reaction score
Crap.

Why cant I find any Men's Ralph Lauren stuff on NeimanMarcus.com?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn
assuming they keep their head in the sand and keep saying "It's because we took over Fields and changed the name. Thats why we're losing", it shouldn't be much longer.

That's like buying Aston Martin, stuffing it with ****** Chevy parts, and saying "Oh, it's the branding that we lost on". No, morons. Your name isn't the problem, it's the crap you push to market.

most people like macys

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
most people like macys

Unfortunatley, I Agree.

Before SF I was an avid Macy's shopper and this was due to it's strong ability to market itself.
Quality never became a concern till I got here. I used to think "If Macy's carries it, then it must be good"

Though when they have a heavy sale, some of their items do carry some value.

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProfessorShak
Unfortunatley, I Agree.

Before SF I was an avid Macy's shopper and this was due to it's strong ability to market itself.
Quality never became a concern till I got here. I used to think "If Macy's carries it, then it must be good"

Though when they have a heavy sale, some of their items do carry some value.

+1

$19.99 for RL, Saks can't beat that!

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDiesel
19.99 for what? Underwear? lol

RL polo shirts, shorts, jackets....at Macys West. I've seen receipts from Macys East where all the RL are marked down to $9.99.

Keep in mind Macys RL are different from the ones at Saks. There is very little overlap with the RL the two stores carry.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macy*s stores vary by locations. The Macy*s Men's Store in South Coast Plaza is pretty good, at least for a Macy*s. They have some halfway decent merchandise I have seen good deals on A-Es there for example. The one at Santa Ana Main Place, by way of contrast, I rarely bother to enter. I have a sense that the level of merchandise they carried a decade or so ago was somewhat better, but it may simply be that my tastes have become more refined.

pydbl

Reaction score
agreed. the one in beverly center and the one in union square in san francisco are also better than most other Macy's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads