• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Macy's Gift Card

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
..so I have in my possession a gift card from Macy's but after looking at their site, I can't find anything that's worth it. Suggestions?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buy some basics. I often buy undershirts, boxers and my goldtoe socks at Macys. Levis 511's are also a decent buy for the price and fit.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The colognes they have are the usual designer brands, I guess it's ok if that is what he likes. I also sometimes just buy those colognes as a gift.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Buy some basics. I often buy undershirts, boxers and my goldtoe socks at Macys. Levis 511's are also a decent buy for the price and fit.

Thats what I was thinking, maybe some Calvin Klein V-Necks

They have "Armani Jeans" but I am not sure if those are Exchange

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Yeah, this. Other than that........do they have any decent cologne? I'm not sure what they sell.

Got a Flacon of Creed Aventus for Christmas, so I am set for life pretty much

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Armani Jeans are a notch higher than AX but it really isn't saying much. Don't waste your money on it.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
How about buying something for someone else like a new oven mitt for dear ol' ma, you ungrateful wretch!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
How about buying something for someone else like a new oven mitt for dear ol' ma, you ungrateful wretch!

Ah, yes....use the gist card my mother gave to buy HER something brilliant!........

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only thing I ever buy when I have Macy's GC are Levi's and Chucks when they're on sale. I never see anything else worth buying.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One of my favorite colognes can be easily had from macy's...YSL "l'homme" - it's not fancy or outre or anything, but it smells fantastic, especially when mixed with sweat and sex.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Hmm....maybe you could buy something from their Home section. Sheets or kitchen supplies or something.

I haven't found nice or soft sheets at Macys, they always seemed itchy and uncomfortable. Most seem overpriced as well.

Humperdink

Reaction score
If you're on the East Coast, go to the New York Times Sq. Macy's, and hope they're carrying some interesting random designer this year - I came across CdG Shirt stuff there back in '09.

Otherwise, get a coffee grinder or rice cooker or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads