• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mackintosh Outerwear

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mackintosh is classic.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Or you could go the thrift store route. I always see a lot of old made in Canada/USA London Fog trenches and macs that are really well made and in excellent condition. With a little bit of tailoring, they would be great for a fraction of the cost.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I don't mind the price on the Mac as long as it fits good and is really good quality. Does it have a slim fit or is it baggy?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure the one you buy has some kind of lining, rubberized cotton is not that comfortable and since it's waterproof it doesn't breathe much, but yeah it'll keep you dry if you manage to not sweat you ass off wearing it.
Also, it doesn't show through the pics but the fabric tend to crease easily and make a awful lot of noise at first, but wear will take care of that.

And you should definitely get one of those two, navy is great but why settle for classic when you can get camo

Mack.jpg
GFP-08-CAMO-FR

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks sweet. The fabric is much better than the sutherland trench I am sure.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OG Mackintosh is the best. Nabbed a coat from Yoox a year ago that sadly didn't fit but it was one of the most impeccably constructed jackets I've ever held in my hands.

wwp

Reaction score
that j crew mackintosh is one good looking jacket -- the navy looks great. i'd have to try it on for fit and the breathability issue that sipang brings up, though. i think the men's store/liquor store in nyc has them. but that's once i make enough money to drop that much on a jacket.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mackintosh is pretty amazing stuff. The top half of my new Cabourn jacket is Mac and it's ridiculously solid. I haven't worn it out in the rain as it really doesn't rain much here, but it's mostly a dreary winter snow jacket for me.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the J Crew mackintosh. It's a nice coat but I've barely worn it and considering selling it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^why man it's perfect

torontolaker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
I think it looks sweet. The fabric is much better than the sutherland trench I am sure.
the sutherland isn't made of the same Mackintosh water resistant material though

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just haven't got much use out of it. I mainly wear my Nom de Guerre X Mackintosh coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads