1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mackintosh Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

2. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Mackintosh is classic.

3. Guus

Guus Senior member

4. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Or you could go the thrift store route. I always see a lot of old made in Canada/USA London Fog trenches and macs that are really well made and in excellent condition. With a little bit of tailoring, they would be great for a fraction of the cost.

5. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

Well I don't mind the price on the Mac as long as it fits good and is really good quality. Does it have a slim fit or is it baggy?

6. sipang

sipang Senior member

Make sure the one you buy has some kind of lining, rubberized cotton is not that comfortable and since it's waterproof it doesn't breathe much, but yeah it'll keep you dry if you manage to not sweat you ass off wearing it.
    Also, it doesn't show through the pics but the fabric tend to crease easily and make a awful lot of noise at first, but wear will take care of that.

And you should definitely get one of those two, navy is great but why settle for classic when you can get camo

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I think it looks sweet. The fabric is much better than the sutherland trench I am sure.

8. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

Really nice. I need one of those.

9. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

OG Mackintosh is the best. Nabbed a coat from Yoox a year ago that sadly didn't fit but it was one of the most impeccably constructed jackets I've ever held in my hands.

10. wwp

wwp Member

that j crew mackintosh is one good looking jacket -- the navy looks great. i'd have to try it on for fit and the breathability issue that sipang brings up, though. i think the men's store/liquor store in nyc has them. but that's once i make enough money to drop that much on a jacket.

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Mackintosh is pretty amazing stuff. The top half of my new Cabourn jacket is Mac and it's ridiculously solid. I haven't worn it out in the rain as it really doesn't rain much here, but it's mostly a dreary winter snow jacket for me.

12. London

London Senior member

I got the J Crew mackintosh. It's a nice coat but I've barely worn it and considering selling it.

13. jet

jet Senior member

^why man it's perfect

14. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

I think it looks sweet. The fabric is much better than the sutherland trench I am sure.
    the sutherland isn't made of the same Mackintosh water resistant material though

15. London

London Senior member

Just haven't got much use out of it. I mainly wear my Nom de Guerre X Mackintosh coat.

16. wwp

wwp Member

I got the J Crew mackintosh. It's a nice coat but I've barely worn it and considering selling it.

Do you have a photo?

17. London

London Senior member

18. wwp

wwp Member

Here you go. I've worn it once.

Attachment 36516

Hmm it says invalid link?

19. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

Can't you buy directly from Mackintosh, too? I'd link to the store but I can't seem to find it, but I remember it having raincoats with different colored collars, like lime green and stuff.

20. London

London Senior member