• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mackintosh brand

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some say they are overpriced when you can just run OSX on a white box since they run on x86 now, but I think its worth it.

aguydude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
some say they are overpriced when you can just run OSX on a white box since they run on x86 now, but I think its worth it.

lol.

Jthaeler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu

Completely agree but macs are useless when you have real work to get done. Can't run macros in excel on a mac...and I own a MBP.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boot camp or virtualize that ****, or even run wine.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, this is in the wrong forum. Please move it mods.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better value than Burberry but with less choice. They do do a range of colours and do bespoke at their Burlington Arcade shop. For value a similar Aquascutum coat in their sale is the best bet. Still made in Scotland.

Bracemaker

Reaction score
To quote the song, they are 'Big in Japan'. Product still made in Scotland, as previously mentioned, now owned by Japanese principal. Regarded as very much 'On Trend' in the business in terms of colour and design.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would say they are HUGE in Japan, just about every retailer from mid market to high end carries them. Also a lot more styles available there from the traditional to avant garde. Quality seems to match the price well.

michael-j

Reaction score
it should be a well known name - it was Charles Macintosh that invented waterproof rubber-coated fabric in the early 19th century... the standard term for a raincoat in the UK is 'mac'

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can order the basic style online from their wesite. Much cheaper than Jcrew given the exchange rate.

braised

Reaction score
It's good stuff, expensive but with enough style and guts to be durable. Without a blaring nova-check pattern, the garments are more subtle than Burberry. Colors range from au current to classic. Well worth a look. I bought my wife a coat in the Burlington Arcade shop that is a total winner. Not sure about the press-board luggage, reminds me of soviet automobiles. Braised

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads