• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mackage

mmhollis

Reaction score
Looking for a cold weather coat for next year and thought I'd shop around now that many are going on sale. There are a few on the Mackage website that I like would $400 be a reasonable price to spend on coat from these guys? If not any rec's on where to go? Barney's Warehouse sale is coming up should I wait and see what they may have?

DGstyles

Reaction score
Depending on where you live, I know Nordstrom usually carries Mackage, but I would call before you make a trip. They may still have remnants of their men's sale going on.

In addition, the Barney's sale may have a few Moncler jackets if you are looking to spend $400 on a nice down coat.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a wool/cashmere Mackage topcoat called the "Daniel" coat and I'm very happy with it so far. It's warm, stylish, and comfortable as can be. Mackage offers online shopping through their own website: Daniel @ CAD$483 / Daniel @ US$507 I've been considering buying one of their leather jackets on sale but I'm a little leery since I have no personal experience handling their leather and I know other expensive brands sometimes/often use leathers that feel like absolute shit (e.g. a $1000+ D&G [not Dolce] leather zip jacket at Harry Rosen right now). If anyone can chime in on the quality of Mackage leather I'd appreciate it.

mmhollis

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight so far, I may wait to see what the Barney sale may yield. I was looking at the Neil-S. I feel like it's a decent price if the quality is there.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 88 17.6%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 161 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 81 16.2%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 46 9.2%