1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Machine wash a cottonblazer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by argerg22, Apr 29, 2013.

1. argerg22

argerg22 Member

Hi!

I need to know what your opinions are regarding this!

I have a unlined 100% cottonblazer, that i will need within 20 hours, and i live in a city where a dry clean would probably take around two to three days, so that is not an alternative.

The label on the blazer says that i should not clean it in a regular washing machine.

What are your thoughts?

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Usually not a good idea to wash blazers yourself no matter the material. Why are you cleaning it? Cause you wore it once or because there is a stain?

If no stains then just steam it.

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

Dry clean it.

That you do not have time does not change my opinion of how it should be cleaned.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  4. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

Cotton does not make it acceptable for the washing machine. Shirts go in the machine because there is no structure to them. Jackets on the other hand, even unlined, have some shape to them, like the roll of the lapel. Even if you did do this, you'd need to hang dry it, which would take a few hours. And even then, no offence, but I doubt you have the ability and a capable enough iron and board(s) to hand press it so all the wrinkles came out and it looked halfway wearable.

All in all, a bad idea.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013