Machete

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Tokyo Slim, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I'm going to see it this weekend. Original NSFW parody trailer on Grindhouse that spawned the feature:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Actual trailer:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I'm not sure what to think about the + Steven Segal. But I'm guessing it can only be a good thing.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Is this the one w/ Cheech as the gun-wielding priest in the trailer?
    Something about that movie seemed absolutely terrible yet still intriguing.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Is this the one w/ Cheech as the gun-wielding priest in the trailer?
    Something about that movie seemed absolutely terrible yet still intriguing.

When you hire Machete to kill the bad guy. You better be damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU.

4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I am so going to watch this.

5. fffffut

fffffut Senior member

lol i have a few friends that are really excited about this
    something about getting stoned and seeing the trailer on planet terror and thinking the movie would never exist i guess

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the blend of over the top cartoonish violence, gratuitous nudity, and cheesy dialogue combines to make this one of the most fun movies I've seen in a long time. Then again, I'm a big Danny Trejo fan.

Steven Segal as a Mexican drug lord. Bonus.

7. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Saw it on Sunday. It was pretty funny and over the top. I enjoyed it a lot more than The Expendables.

Also is it me or is Michelle Rodriguez aging incredibly? She looks way hotter than she did in her The Fast and the Furious days.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Saw it on Sunday. It was pretty funny and over the top. I enjoyed it a lot more than The Expendables.
    Same here. Still have to go see Piranha 3D though.
    She looks delicious for sure. Jessica Alba looked skinny as shit, but that shower scene was pretty damn hot. Even Lindsay Lohan looked pretty good naked. Nothin bad to say about the talent in this movie. [​IMG]

9. Vistro

Vistro Active Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the blend of over the top cartoonish violence, gratuitous nudity, and cheesy dialogue combines to make this one of the most fun movies I've seen in a long time. Then again, I'm a big Danny Trejo fan.

This was my experience today. I thought the movie was very entertaining, it's nice to see some exploitation cinema every now and then. Mexploitation?

10. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

This was my experience today. I thought the movie was very entertaining, it's nice to see some exploitation cinema every now and then. Mexploitation?

Yeah, Rodriguez said this was the first ever mexploitation movie.

11. lou

lou Senior member

I will watch this when it hits DVD. My 17yr old Daughter and I saw the trailor for this at Predators.

She looked disinterested, but I predicted it would be a good movie if you expected a solid "B" grade grindhouse type of show. I liked both grindhouses movis that that this came from. I thought they did a real good job of making a solid spoof movie.

12. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Does she get naked in this movie, the Michelle Rodriguez?

13. Suave

Suave Senior member

grindhouse was good. i'm deff going to watch this

14. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

I honestly have never laughed so much during a movie before. For those of you with a strong stomach, see this movie.