• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mach iii turbo

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the new Mach III Turbo blades yet? I saw them inline yesterday at the pharmacy, but couldn't tell any difference, except for the color of the handle. Is this just savvy marketing or are they really better?

BTW, I was at Sephora today and while my girlfriend was checking out some of the perfumes, I checked out the men's grooming stuff. The new Aromapharmacy line looks really good, especially the aftershave lotion. The guy gave gave me some free samples of E Shave cream, which i tested out and is awesome.

joshxfoo

Reaction score
I went out to buy new mach3 blades and saw these mach3 turbos, so I decided to give them a shot. Just looking at them the only distinguishable difference is the colors. Using them isn't really all that different, either, in my experience. They seemed to glide slightly more smoothly, but this may have just been a psychological thing. When I go out to buy more blades again, I'll probably just get regular mach3s since they're cheaper.

Of course, your experience may vary.

Abe2

Reaction score
According to their website, the Mach3Turbo has "anti-friction blades, ultra-soft protective skinguard, a new patented lubrication system, and an improved razor handle."

I am a happy Mach 3 user and am also interested in whether these boasts actually translate to a better shave.

If anyone's used the new blade, please give us feedback.

thc

Reaction score
I used them for the 1st time today, and I think I detected a difference. The new Mach iii turbo seems to go smoother, which is important to me since I am guilty of shaving against the grain. I'll let you know more as I use it more...

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I was also intrigued by the new Mach III product, because it looked as if they were better for shaving against the grain (which I always do). Of course, my first thought was "marketing ploy." However, I soon went a bit "Homer Simpson-esque."
wow.gif
(ahhhhh, anti-friction.) But I won't use them until I hear positive feedback. One thing: is the handle any different from the regular Mach III? If it isn't, then I'm thinking I could just buy refills for the Turbo and attach them to my original handle. Waddaya think?
confused.gif

joshxfoo

Reaction score
I have to take back what I said previously. A little more experience later, and I would definitely say that the turbos are better than the regular mach3s, especially against the grain (which i do fairly often).

As for the handle: it says in somewhat fine print somewhere on the box that mach3 and mach3 turbo's both fit on the same handle type. The only difference in the handles is the color scheme, as far as i can tell. I bought turbo refills and used 'em on my old mach3 handle, and it works just fine. 

Abe2

Reaction score
THat answers THAT then
smile.gif
old handle, new blades.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
That's right Abe2. Anything to skimp on paying more money.

Joshxfoo, thanks for being the brave soul to go out and buy some of the new blades and give 'em a whirl.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads