• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mach 3 Razors

dokomoy

Reaction score
I used to always forget when the last time I changed it was, and since by the time I realized it needed a change it had already wrecked havoc on my face, I decided to change it every Monday. Because I shave everyday except for the occasional Saturday this works well for me.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i shave every 2 days and get about 2 weeks out of them. Turbo gives a better shave, but lasts no longer.

related question - you guys find that travelling kills them? seems like a back and forth journey in my toiletries bag writes off even a brand new blade very quickly - and with my travel schedule its getting costly too...as acknowledged, those things arent cheap

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
apply what you save on tailoring towards new razors
biggrin.gif

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a beard. I've found that having one affords me the advantage of only shaving every other day. When I shaved it off for a few years, I had to shave every day and changed blades more often, though I don't really pay attention to how often. I also alternate between a Mach 3 and a sensor 3. I use either of those for the general part of the shaving in the large areas. For finer tuning near the edges of my beard, I use the old sensor excel two-blade. It actually is tougher to shave when one has a beard because of this. But I guess it evens out with not having to shave every day. since I alternate the Mach 3 and sensor 3 every month, I'd guess I change wither every 3-4 months. So, let's say I change each after a 1 1/2 month use. With every other day, that comes to about 3 weeks. That's my guess.

On a related topic, don't forget to change your toothbrushes every 3 months. And use soft bristles.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
change your toothbrush every 2 months.

fyi. we had a thread a while back about a company who sells cryogenically frozen razor blades. they supposedly last 10x longer than off the shelf blades. i said that i would be the guinea pig and order some but i haven't gotten around to it. (i use disposable razors and an electric.)

if anyone wants to try them the site is greatrazors.com

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
change your toothbrush every 2 months.

fyi. we had a thread a while back about a company who sells cryogenically frozen razor blades. they supposedly last 10x longer than off the shelf blades. i said that i would be the guinea pig and order some but i haven't gotten around to it. (i use disposable razors and an electric.)

if anyone wants to try them the site is greatrazors.com
Wow - these look very interesting - I'm going to try them

Panzer

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
apply what you save on tailoring towards new razors
biggrin.gif
hehehe. i wonder if i can find a vnese guy who can copy mach 3s
smile.gif

southerncollegeboy

Reaction score
m@T, I agree ENTIRELY about traveling kills razors. I have tried carrying my razor in a bag seperate from my other toiletries and I still end up with razors that are worn. Argh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads