Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mach 3 Razors

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Panzeraxe, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

i shave 3x week usually. and change my Mach3 head once every month or more. like someone else said, when the blue strip is gone or i start to feel a tug. on that time schedule, i have never gotten a bad shave or cut with my blades.

2. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior member

Thank you, gentlemen. I'll have to give the Mach3 "power" a try. I've been so pleased with the Mach3 blades themselves(esp. the Turbo), however, it seems like improving on perfection. Those blades get my face and head crazy-smooth and I never nick myself anymore, not even around the ears. Can't say enough about 'em.

3. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

The Mach 3 Power is amazing. I didn't think I could get a better shave then with the Mach 3, but after switching to the Mach 3 Power I tried to go back to the plain old Mach 3 and it was like shaving with a piece of broken glass. I find that the blades generally last me 15-20 shaves but once in a while I get a dud that is only good for one or two shaves.

4. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior member

Wow. Thanks, Bryce. Anything that makes the regular Mach3 (or M3 Turbo) feel like a piece of broken glass (as you so comically suggest) must be a-ma-zing. You can bet I'll add it to my short list of things to try.

5. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

This thread made me decide to change my blade this morning. I have to admit, a new blade definitely gives a close shave. Feeling very smooth today.

6. southerncollegeboy

southerncollegeboy Active Member

I really like the Power stick but for some reason I still prefer using the Turbo blades. I don't even know if the Power blades are that different from the Turbo ones (though the Turbo's are cheaper), but that's just my formula for success.
    Change the blades about every second or third week.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

...change blades? heh. You baby-faced kids make me laugh. [​IMG] I find that my Mach 3 blades don't even properly "break in" until about two weeks has gone by. I shave every two days or so. After the break in period I stick with it until my tough ass facial shrubbery bends the blade. So... on average I'd say I use the blades for about a month and a half to two months. I shave without shaving cream about 70 % of the time too, so there.

8. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

I agree with bradfords post way back. I wait til the color on the top strip is gone, then I change it. Even waiting that long, I have never had a problem with a blade. I still stay baby soft.

9. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

Guys, I'm shocked. Changing blades WEEKLY and after 8-10 shaves. What's wrong with you guys? I change mine every 3 months or so. Find little differnce betweent he shaves from Day one to day 90. And I shave 4 days a week.

10. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

Every THREE months.. wow - I don't think I'll push it that far - my face would look like swiss cheese with such a dull razor.

Panzer

11. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

I'm with you. I grow facial hair like a 14 year old girl. For me, Sunday is Shaving Day and I change my blades seasonally.

12. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

I have a medium, average beard IMO- and I change them every week or 2, depending on how much I shave that week. They last me 7-10 uses max (M3 Turbo that is). I have tried others- Quattro (horrible), Sensor (decent) regular Mach 3 (decent)- 3 Turbo is the best I've used. I HATE spending that much money on them though. Gillette has to have made a windfall since the Mach inception.

13. v0rtex

v0rtex Senior member

I'd imagine the razors are sold at a loss, as Gilette know they'll be making most of the money back from blades/shaving cream. Seem to remember about half the boys in my class at school recieving free Gilette razors though the post on their 16th Birthday, leaving me (who had not signed up to the right direct marketing lists) feeling stuck in the realm of childhood until I recieved my free razor. I'm still there, waiting to become a man [​IMG] I change the blades probably every two months or so, shaving every three days-ish. Not a hairy guy though so they're still usable even when I throw them away.

14. dusty

dusty Senior member

Pretty much when it starts to rust.

15. briancl

briancl Senior member

i shave 3 or so times a week and change my blades after about 7-10 shaves. quite honestly im less concerned with closeness (on average i walk around with a 36-hour 'shadow'), but mostly concerned with how likely i am to develop ingrown hairs and acne. ive noticed that the likeliness of this increases if i get too close of a shave or if i use a dull blade. also, i use the 3 blade schick razor. previously ive used the 2 blade schick and mach 3, and found the best shave in terms of closeness and iritation was with the 3 blade schick.