1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Jofaile, May 24, 2006.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Check out the refurbished section on Apple's online store. Full warranty, and you can purchase an extended warranty.

2. cretaceous_cretin

cretaceous_cretin Senior member

Got a Macbook Pro 17" to replace my desktop. Love it. I loaded X11 and use a 3-button mouse with it on my desktop. I also run Linux on it using rEFIt. Linux runs better under Fusion, but not as fast as natively. I highly recommend using OpenOffice on Mac OS X.

3. nodabs

nodabs New Member

Also just replaced my desktop with a MBP 15" W/ Thunderbolt, I run my Dell 30" off it and absolutely love the thing.

I think I've become rather a fan boy, like ex smokers are the biggest anti smokers ex PC guys becaome the biggest apple fan boys [​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I have the quad-core 2.0Ghz i7 15.4" - I actually don't really like it as much as I thought I would, but it serves a functional purpose. I probably bought this wrong computer; I need this same bus inside the lighter-weight plastic Macbooks I've used for the past 6 years, LED screen. Without the removable battery I freak out everytime the system freezes, and I feel like I have more failures on this new MBP than I ever did with the old MB's.