1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mac "updates". I'm sick of them.

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by SField, Apr 30, 2011.

1. ramuman

ramuman Well-Known Member

so how does it compare to the other relevant consumer OS - Linspire, Knoppix, and Ubuntu ?

...relevant consumer OS? [​IMG]

2. Mr. White

Mr. White Well-Known Member

3. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Well-Known Member

On behalf of the Committee To Ensure that Every Apple Discussion Becomes a Stupid Shouting Contest Between Fanboys and Haters, I approve wholeheartedly of this thread's progress.

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

...relevant consumer OS? [​IMG]

Yes, a consumer OS like Ubuntu or Linux Mint that anyone use, even my mother. No need to worry about malicious email or getting a virus from a Facebook page.

5. *#..

*#.. Well-Known Member

Then you probably shouldn't use them.
    I bought a macbook, used it from 2008-09, and I had to give it away to another family member. So many little things about it pissed me off, I just had to get another laptop. Overall, I'm glad I had one, as I am now 100% confident apple products (especially their OS) are shit. I don't use any apple products now, and I probably never will. However, I do own stock in apple, and the people that think they make quality things are helping me make money. I guess I can't complain about apple too much. [​IMG]

6. soap212

soap212 New Member

7. Mr. White

Mr. White Well-Known Member

8. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

The frequent software updates (more of a problem recently) have been somewhat annoying, but the interval between hardware/ product updates have been shrinking also. I just bought my MB Air not so long ago, and it seems it'll be updated next month. Luckily I've had the Imac for longer, and the update doesn't seem so great - just the graphics and the thunderbolt, I think. In the end, technology is always moving forward. My next purchase will probably be a dual core smartphone.

9. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

In System preferences you can choose to check for updates - Daily - weekly - Monthly and Download them Automatically....
    Couldn't be easier [​IMG]
    I find everything on a Mac a breeze compared to the BS i got on Windows, but that's just me.[​IMG]

i agree with you 100%
    i have an imac, but at the moment i am using windows for a week or 2, i feel like i have gone back in time to the stone ages

10. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Well-Known Member

Someday I will invent and construct a mechanical spreadsheet, like the tic-tac-toe playing machine in the Museum of Science. I think that vox made that.