• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mac guys: Any way to get all web sites centered horizontally on screen?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought macs were supposed to be so easy to use?

Just sayin'
devil.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
well you take advantage of it by having your IM windows visible at the same time, your email, word processor, whatever, and jumping around between them without having to minimise them...that's how most of us drive our Macs anyhow...
I figured that was the only way around it. I was just hoping there was some cool Mac thingy to do what I wanted. Ah well. Thanks for the info and trying guys. I appreciate it.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I thought macs were supposed to be so easy to use?

Just sayin'
devil.gif

which part of this is not easy? He wants his windows to line up in a certain place, and the Mac will automatically put it there next time when he closes it...what has turned out to be the issue is that he has a GIANT window because he is driving it maximised....so how would a giant maximised window under Windows be any easier to read?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
which part of this is not easy? He wants his windows to line up in a certain place, and the Mac will automatically put it there next time when he closes it...what has turned out to be the issue is that he has a GIANT window because he is driving it maximised....so how would a giant maximised window under Windows be any easier to read?

laugh.gif

just trolling yo

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Weeeeel... I can actually make SF line up relatively centered on a fullscreen window on my PC by readjusting the font size. I'm not sure if you can, or how you do that on a mac, and admittedly it's not perfect. But yeah. Hold down ctl and then hit the + key a few times. See if that helps.
smile.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ya, that's all the same - it's a browser thing rather than an OS thing.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
well it works.
smile.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read SF maximized on a 32" screen. Doesnt bother me.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I've decided that Mac users all have ADD, hence the need for a ton of windows on the screen at once
teacha.gif
lol8[1].gif

Better than a Linux user I guess. I got a dekstop cube so I have 4 screens covered with windows. Still nowhere near using up my 8 gigs of ram, even encoding video with all that crap open.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Better than a Linux user I guess. I got a dekstop cube so I have 4 screens covered with windows. Still nowhere near using up my 8 gigs of ram, even encoding video with all that crap open.

Are you even using 4gb?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've managed to top out just over 4 with all my crap going.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
This is why a huge majority of users don't need anymore than 4...
Well I figured I'd spend a hundred bucks and get another Ripjaw chip to go from single to dual channel. GF is a musician and artist, and I figured I'd be ready when she starts getting into virtual instruments.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Well I figured I'd spend a hundred bucks and get another Ripjaw chip to go from single to dual channel.

GF is a musician and artist, and I figured I'd be ready when she starts getting into virtual instruments.

Also, depending on your settings, the 8gb may be keeping your system from swapping as much. With 4gb, even if you never fill the 4gb, the computer might start to get worried when you get close and drop stuff on the swap partition. With 8gb, the computer says "whatever, its not even 50% full"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads