• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mac bastards

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i called apple customer service because they never gave me a back up disc for the microsoft office software that came with my computer, and since i erased it, sort of by mistake, i need the disk to re-install it. the girl on the phone started with, "well, why didn't you ask for the disk when you bought it?" then essentially called me liar by saying that apple does not not install third party software, and that i must have 'lent my computer to a friend', who installed it in my computer. i said, "no. the software was in the computer when i bought it. i used it the day i brought it home." and then she told me to **** off (not in so many words.)

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Call again. The woman was having a bad day and didn't know what she was talking about. Point to the place in the ordering process where you have the option of having software preinstalled.

That assumes that you bought it direct. If you didn't, your beef is with the store.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Call again. The woman was having a bad day and didn't know what she was talking about. Point to the place in the ordering process where you have the option of having software preinstalled.

That assumes that you bought it direct. If you didn't, your beef is with the store.

i bought it at the apple store in santa monica. i first called apple and they referred me to the store. they said the store might have a record of what was in my computer when i bought it, but when i brought this up to her, she ignored it.
frown.gif

i feel like stealing every software they make, burning copies, and distributing it on the streets.
devil.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
No need to do that. It's already out all over the internet!

Seriously, call again. Call a few times. Ask to speak to someone higher up.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I suspect if you get someone else on the phone, they may have a different attitude.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Grimslade has it right here. Everyone has a bad day but Apple customer service is seriously some of the best I have had outside of Amex.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Grimslade has it right here. Everyone has a bad day but Apple customer service is seriously some of the best I have had outside of Amex.
Yah, I don't know Apple, but Amex is consistently excellent.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like my new job answering the phones for apple.

smile.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but matadorpoeta, I love the new Avatar. I remember that pic from a couple years ago. I laughed then and I do now. Did you see all in the series? Guy is seriously laid out. I remember it having something to do with a lot of people wrecking there and the China gov refused to fix it.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan

Amex has mistreated me badly in the past. Just goes to show...

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

smile.gif

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
smile.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Merckx
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
smile.gif

Slim is serious? Whaaa???

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Of course I wasn't serious. Don't you think they have screening processes and background checks there? I'm on their no-fly list.
I'm not even allowed to shop in Apple Stores.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Oh and I have to agree re: Amex. Their customer service is the single reason why I've never closed that damn money trap of an account.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads