• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M3Power Nitro

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A week after I buy a new M3Power razor I go into the grocery store and see that Gilette is now hocking the M3Power Nitro. I couldn't figure out for the life of me the difference between the Nitro and the plain-jane M3Power. Does anyone have hands-on experience with this razor? Should I ditch my M3Power and upgrade to the Nitro?

solzhenitsyn

Reaction score
I think its just a different colour, like when they released the red mach3.

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
I'm a little sick and tired of Gillette's razor scams - they keep on coming out with newer, and not that effective, razor systems and the price of cartridges continues to climb.

I'm switching over to a Merkur DE - I'll let you guys know how it goes...

Panzer

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i want one of them Quintippios. gotta find out who makes 'em.

mass

Reaction score
the gillette fusion (the 5 blade) is on sale here... should i pick one up or stick with my mach3 turbo (i've also got a schick quattro, but i still prefer the gillette over it)? heh.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mass
the gillette fusion (the 5 blade) is on sale here... should i pick one up or stick with my mach3 turbo (i've also got a schick quattro, but i still prefer the gillette over it)? heh.

Depends on your beard. I have and love the M3 power. I tried the fusion, and didn't like it. I have a very thick beard, and the blades were too close together. My M3 gives a better shave. If your beard is thinner/finer, then it might work well for you.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw the Fusion Power (5+1 blade
wow.gif
) today. What is the vibration for? How does the vibration help in getting a better shave?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd also recommend getting a DE. A years supply of blades for the cost of an 8 pack of mach 3 blades.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am holding out for the Gillette MP3 Power Nitro. Supposed to be out late this fall.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I am holding out for the Gillette MP3 Power Nitro. Supposed to be out late this fall.
I wonder what happens when you play ZZTop on it.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say the only differences are marketing and price. Was the M3 Turbo any different than the regular M3? No. Well, it has more little grooves in the rubber thing above the blades, which has no purpose at all anyway.

If you want to save some money, and not even bother with a DE, I'd so go with a Sensor Excel. They are good for cartridge razors.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the vibration is for? I`m talking about the Fusion Power 5+1

I'd so go with a Sensor Excel
I agree...I like them better than the 3 blades.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DR and FB: Great stuff! How long are you in town?
devil.gif

As for the fusion, I have a thick beard and it gives me a great shave.

aspriel

Reaction score
M3Power is far better than the Fusion - the Fusion HURTS!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics