• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

m0851 slim leather wallets - a product review

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up an m0851 wallet this weekend at their store on St-Laurent in MontrÃ
al. I've been looking for a slimmer wallet than my LGC one. This one fit the bill.

m0851 have a full line of clothing but they are better know for their leather goods.

As far as wallets go, they have 5 or 6 models in black, grey, brown and a dusty tan. Women's accessories are more colourful. The designs are very minimal and while not crude, the construction seems very basic to me. Leather goods are made in Canada.

The leather is very soft and thin and scuffs extremely easily. Running your fingernail softly across an item leaves a mark. Pretty much everything in the store is a bit "distressed" this way. I have no problem with that though.

A wallet like mine will set you back about $70. They have some nice duffel bags at around $500 and leather jackets just south of $1000. I don't think I would pay full retail for the pricier items, but the wallets are reasonable.

Here are some pictures, in grey. The wallet measures 4" x 3.25" and is about 1/4" thick when empty. It can hold about 6-8 cards and a few bills.

I will try to remember to post pictures in a few months to show how it ages. I'm curious as to how it will look.

DBoon

Reaction score
Quick note:

If at all possible, visit a guinine bootmaker (preferrably cowboy style) in person. They have TONS of really nice, high-grade leather, including exotics, and often sell handmade wallets for like $20.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's