1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

M. Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by SartorialLuxury, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SartorialLuxury

SartorialLuxury Active Member

Dear Styleforum,

[​IMG]

My name is Marcus Andrews and I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to introduce my company, M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection, to the members of Styleforum as an Affiliate Vendor.

The M. Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection was created with the vision of creating fine footwear from the finest materials and with craftsmanship that rivals the world’s most prestigious brands. Our collection of footwear offers classic shoes with modern twists, handmade and hand finished to a strict luxury standard.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

All of our shoes are handmade in both Italy and Turkey and are fully constructed in the finest Italian leather and suede. Our leather soles are stitched to each upper using either a Blake/McKay method for supreme comfort and flexibility, or the Goodyear welting method for maximum durability. Our leathers are sourced in a crust state (without color) allowing our master shoemakers to treat each shoe as a blank canvas during the hand-coloring and finishing process.

[​IMG]

My collection is a mix of both private label (modified for our brand) and original design and will continue to grow with new styles that will appeal to virtually anyone.

Please feel free to ask any questions and definitely check out my website and try on a pair for yourself. I offer free shipping, returns, and refunds as to create a no-risk environment.

Thank you and I look forward to being a part of the Styleforum family. I have enjoyed learning from the forum for the past few years, although I never post. That will change.

Marcus Andrews
    www.sartorialluxury.com

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. SartorialLuxury

3. SartorialLuxury

Hello All,

Between now and July 1st, I am going to issue a 10% off coupon code for all who participate and post in this thread.

Once again, thank you for the opportunity to share my brand.

4. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Welcome!

What is the construction on the second to last shoe?

5. SartorialLuxury

This shoe is Blake constructed with a hand-sewn/side-sewn portion.

6. diadem

diadem Senior member

Do you offer an MTO service and if so, what is the upcharge (assuming the same quality leather and soles are used)? Like, say I wanted the Clayton in a different color.

Also, welcome!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  7. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

Welcome!

Since the leathers come in the crust state, is there any possibility for distinct antiquing? Or would that be an upcharge as part of an MTO service?

8. SartorialLuxury

At the moment, we do not offer a MTO program that will allow you to modify the models. This is a plan in the future. We will however begin producing each model in different colors based on feedback we receive.

9. SartorialLuxury

Once we are able to develop an MTO program, then yes, the ability to customize the patina/antiquing will be available.

10. SartorialLuxury

11. diadem

diadem Senior member

How many different lasts are there and which one is better suited for a wide foot?

12. SartorialLuxury

Presently, most of our lasts are designed to comfortably accommodate a standard to wide size foot. Our Marion model is the only shoe in our current lineup that may provide discomfort for a wider foot as this last is narrower and has a sleeker silhouette.

If you experience any issues with the widths of our shoes, you can always return for a full refund or exhange them with us at no cost.

13. SartorialLuxury

Presently, most of our lasts are designed to comfortably accommodate a standard to wide size foot. Our Marion model is the only shoe in our current lineup that may provide discomfort for a wider foot as this last is narrower and has a sleeker silhouette.

If you experience any issues with the widths of our shoes, you can always return for a full refund or exhange them with us at no cost.

14. SartorialLuxury

I am actively looking for bloggers who may be interested in reviewing my product. Please PM me if this is of interest.

Also, as a reminder, between now and the 1st I will send a 10% off coupon code to any member that participates in this thread.

Its the only way you will get to know me.

15. SartorialLuxury

I am still looking for any reputable blogger that would be interested in receiving free product in exchange for an honest review. Please contact me via PM.

I also want to pose a question to the members of the forum so that as my brand grows I am able to accommodate those who appreciate what I do.

What do you look for when evaluating a shoe?

*Styles - Do you stick to classics or are you open to fashion forward/unique styles?

*Colors - Is the preference standard variations of brown and black or are other colors an option?

*Company - Do you only purchase from companies that have a history or are you willing to experiment with newer brands?

*Sizing and Customization - A few forum approved brands that are frequently purchased (Allen Edmonds, Santoni, etc) typically
    offer their lines in stock sizing and models. However, most inquiries for my brand have been focused
    on MTO. How important is this option and is this the only option you consider when looking at
    making a shoe purchase?

16. diadem

diadem Senior member

What do you look for when evaluating a shoe?

Quality of construction, leathers, style, shape of last.

*Styles - Do you stick to classics or are you open to fashion forward/unique styles?

Personally, I'm looking for shoes that I can wear to the office. I don't spend a lot of time in nice clothing outside of the office, especially in the summer when it's mostly t-shirts, shorts, and Sperry's on the weekends. So I'm looking for shoes appropriate for a business casual work environment. The only model in your current lineup that I don't think I could get away with is the Ernest.

*Colors - Is the preference standard variations of brown and black or are other colors an option?

Since I'm looking for shoes for the office, black and variations of brown are preferred, but there are plenty of forum members who wear different colors.

*Company - Do you only purchase from companies that have a history or are you willing to experiment with newer brands?

I'm willing to experiment with newer brands, especially an SF Affiliate vendor (I especially like the look of the Shipton), but I'm a rather particular customer. More on that below...

*Sizing and Customization - A few forum approved brands that are frequently purchased (Allen Edmonds, Santoni, etc) typically offer their lines in stock sizing and models. However, most inquiries for my brand have been focused on MTO. How important is this option and is this the only option you consider when looking at making a shoe purchase?

My left foot is a half size larger than my right, so with most of the brands that are popular among SF members, I would require an MTO. Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, my feet are pretty wide and it can be a challenge finding an accommodating last. Since I've joined SF, I have only purchased 1 pair of shoes -- a pair of Vass v-cap oxfords as part of a GMTO where I was able to get an odd-sized pair without an MTO upcharge. I currently am committed to another GMTO for a pair of Carminas and there is no upcharge for odd-sized pairs as part of GMTO's through them, as well.

I know putting together an MTO program is a tough ask for a new brand, but I think you could really benefit by starting one, considering the shoe aficionados who populate this forum. Allen Edmonds in particular has a leg up in this regard as their MTO program is pretty robust and there are a lot of features they offer at no extra cost over standard retail prices.

Best of luck with your brand! :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  17. tj100

tj100 Senior member

For me it comes down to (1) style; (2) quality of materials; (3) fit with what I 'need' (i.e. I don't need another black cap-toe).

Mostly stick to classics, but like 'twists' on classics. Totally fashion forward (think metallic sneakers) are a no-go.

Other colors are options, but mostly in more casual shoes (suede drivers, boat shoes, etc.). I have no interest in a purple longwing.

Totally willing to experiment, but new brands have to understand where they fit in the pantheon. If you can convince me that your quality is Lobb prestige / Edward Green / etc. and your price is 60% lower, I'm in. DC Lewis (now @ Kent Wang) are a good example. I took a flyer on a pair and feel like I'm getting 90% of a Lobb/Green shoe for 1/3rd the price ($500 vs. $1,500). If your shoes are going to be at the Allen Edmonds / Alden price point ($300 - $500), they need to blow them away on quality. Which is not easy to do.

MTO is not that important to me. It only really matters when I'm looking for something really specific. Or in the case of Lobb, I want a shoe that they don't make any more. I think as a new brand, it's difficult to establish yourself, and MTO is one way that you can get buyers to take more risk than they might otherwise, because you are an avenue to get something that they are looking for.

18. diadem

diadem Senior member

Quote:This obviously sounds ideal to us customers, but it's not realistic. Bigger, more established brands like AE have economies of scale that smaller, newly minted brands just can't match.

19. SartorialLuxury

I understand the convenience and necessity of an MTO program. I am working on developing a program for my brand as soon as possible. When it is released, it will also be at no additional cost.

20. SartorialLuxury

Our quality target is actually Santoni FAM. I believe that our shoes compete in this class at a significant price advantage. I try to view my shoes in an unbiased manner, and when I do I can honestly say that they are in a class above Allen Edmonds or Alden. In terms of styling and construction they are completely different shoes. with one being no better than the other. I see value in all construction methods other than glued. What begins to set us apart is the quality of the leather, the handwork, the finish and color, comfort out of the box, etc. etc.

I know that it is not easy to take a chance on a new brand. I respect that. I can assure that our quality is on par with my claims and offer a risk free experience to those who are willing to take that chance. Hopefully one day we can earn a place as one of your favorite brands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.