• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LVC vintage help please

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shorty Long

Reaction score
Those are LVC 1947 501s. They were produced 2002-03 in a Levi factory in Texas. I think this was the factory used to produce the very last "Levi-made" LVCs after they closed down the Valencia St. factory. In my opinion, $200+ is pretty steep for a pair of worn LVCs. Certainly not as rare as the seller puts on in his description.

Leonard Leroy

Reaction score
This is a horrible deal.

I don't like the wear in the crotch, that's going to rip. LVC 1947's could be had for a lot cheaper.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised those went for that much with wear. I picked up my Valencia 201s on Ebay in almost deadstock condition for about 50 less than that.

Shorty Long

Reaction score
not sure if it was deliberate, but the description is a bit misleading in that it doesn't explicitly say those are LVCs...however, the buyer did seem to know they were reproductions

Pablo-T

Reaction score
SHorty is exactly right, these are probably from 2002, and apart from the fact they were made in a Levi's factory in San Antonio Texas, there's nothing to distinguish them from today's LVC that retail for $189.

And yes, a horribly vague description, which the seller hopes might just deceive the ignorant. I think the word 'vintage' to a seven-year old item might just allow you to get away with a Significantly Not as Described COmplaint.

For reference, here's a guide to LVC complete with button codes

gothica

Reaction score
Wow, I'm going to have to chalk this one up as a tax write off. Totally my fault for not doing my homework ahead of time.

Wikipedia defines vintage as: "Generally speaking, clothing which was produced before the 1920s is referred to as antique clothing and clothing from the 1920s to 1980 is considered vintage. "

2002-2003 could hardly pass for vintage. I may ask for mercy and request a refund for the misunderstanding and the lead on. Man I can't stand getting hoodwinked, again I blame it on my own ignorance and haste.

Are these jeans still LVC?

Shorty Long

Reaction score
LVC refers to a Levi sub-brand, started in 1996...an actual vintage pair of Levi's I would probably define as a pair of pre-1971 jeans, when the "Levi's" on the red tab had a big "E". Some say it's pre-1983/4 when they were still red-line selvedge. Either way "LVC" does not = authentic vintage Levi's.

Originally Posted by gothica
Wow, I'm going to have to chalk this one up as a tax write off. Totally my fault for not doing my homework ahead of time.

Wikipedia defines vintage as: "Generally speaking, clothing which was produced before the 1920s is referred to as antique clothing and clothing from the 1920s to 1980 is considered vintage. "

2002-2003 could hardly pass for vintage. I may ask for mercy and request a refund for the misunderstanding and the lead on. Man I can't stand getting hoodwinked, again I blame it on my own ignorance and haste.

Are these jeans still LVC?

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gothica

2002-2003 could hardly pass for vintage. I may ask for mercy and request a refund for the misunderstanding and the lead on.

Personally I think the guy is a ripoff artist. I would politely request a refund, and open a "significantly Not As Described' paypal complaint at the same time. Fortunately, you can hold negative feedback over him - and he can't retaliate.

PM me if you need more assistance on the ID.

gothica

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good gouge gents. The seller was nice enough to refund 1/3 of the purchase price for the inaccurate advertisement, so it wasn't a total loss. The jeans arrived slightly distressed, still plenty of indigo and in wearable condition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads