• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LVC 501s 1947 Deadstock

RCastle

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair from Aero Leather (excellent, fast service) - 36x36.

The fit was not what I expected. I read recently on another thread that the fit had changed to quite a skinny fit; the author of the post suggesting that Levis was trying to capitalise on the current skinnyn trend.

Well I can confirm this with spades. If the Sugar Cane 1947 was an exact repro, it certainly ain't anymore. I have both now and they feel like totally different jeans.

The Levi is not a good fit for me and but it might just to be someone else's liking. Buyer beware.

chipopo

Reaction score
I can confirm your observation. I've bought a pair of Deadstock LVC47 a month ago and the fit is completely different than the SC47. It is tappered, slimmer (I sized-up 2 inches on the waist). But after I took a warm bath with my jeans on they shrank to a perfect fit.

I actually like the LVC47s fit although some people on the other SF suggested the SC47 is a more exact replica of the original jean.

Chipopo

CHI

Reaction score
I am scared that my first pair of LVC's are gonna be too skinny.

What year and model hads a nice relaxed fit?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also found my 36W 47s to be a bit tight for 36s when I first got them. Definitely snugger than the pre-shrunk 501s I was used to. I am probably a true 34.5 - 35 waist so after a warm bath with these on I'm pretty happy with the fit. The lower leg does seem a little narrower than normal 501s though.

Anyone know if thats normal for the 47s?

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much stretching occurs after going through the shrinking process? If you take a bath in them and they mold to you pretty nicely.. do they stretch just a bit after that? That would be great.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
How much stretching occurs after going through the shrinking process? If you take a bath in them and they mold to you pretty nicely.. do they stretch just a bit after that? That would be great.

Yes, they do stretch after your initial soaking. I bought a pair of LVC 47 501's last month and love the fit on me.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Yes, they do stretch after your initial soaking. I bought a pair of LVC 47 501's last month and love the fit on me.

can you send me a pic of you wearing them? can i expect as much stretching as a nudie pair or more like julian red?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40