• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LV bag handles: Is it made of bridle leather?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the handles, on LV classic monogram handbags, develop a darker patina over time. Is it made of bridle leather? I am curious because I just bought a Swaine Adeney bridle leather wallet today in London
biggrin.gif
, and wonder if my wallet will also develop patina over time. Anyways, it has been a great day. I got a SA wallet and a Mandarina Duck Work Bag that I am really happy with
biggrin.gif
MD is a much better than the ubiquitous Tumi in the corporate environment. Thanks to Style Forum for introducing me to Swaine Adeney.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am curious because I just bought a Swaine Adeney bridle leather wallet today in London Â
biggrin.gif
, and wonder if my wallet will also develop patina over time.
The Swaine bridle hide will darken naturally and develop patina over the years (varying colors in different places). It's a quality product and you should feel good about it. Did you buy the full-size breast pocket wallet?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I got what they call a hip wallet with eight card slots, two hidden slots, and two currency slots. I keep in in my trousers back pocket.

My first non-black leather product. I like the feel of bridle leather. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels tough and supple at once. The leather feels warm to the hand.

benchan

Reaction score
Sorry, off topic. The mention of Mandariana Duck sure brought back memories. The backpack with large MD20 printed on it was the schoolbag of choice 10-15 years ago in my high school.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, off topic. The mention of Mandariana Duck sure brought back memories. The backpack with large MD20 printed on it was the schoolbag of choice 10-15 years ago in my high school.
Hi Ben,

I went through quite a few options (Hartmann, Tumi, Swiss Army) before settling on a MD Work bag. I wanted a briefcase for a laptop and papers that could also double up for shoes and some electrical items when I am travelling. Plus, it must be light, durable, and an expression of individuality. MD came in first on all counts, and being an Italian design, it looks quite cool.

A friend of mine used an MD Work bag for five years everyday, hauling all kinds of things in it. I saw her bag. With the exception of the worn handle covering, everything looks like new. MD told me the handle covering can be fixed for a small fee in a week.

I had a MD Tank for several years and used it everyday. I sold it because it did not serve my purpose anymore, but Tanks are very well made too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads