• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxury Leather Glove Recommendation

tjc4golf

Reaction score
Yes, I have some fancy leather, cashmere lined gloves but lately I've been wearing two pairs of gloves I picked up at H&M on the cheap ($5 for a 2pack; a brown pair and a black pair). I believe they're acrylic and lycra but I'm not sure. I like them because many days (especially living in DC) you don't need a heavier glove, you can still phone/text/blackberry with the gloves on, you don't have to worry about losing them and I love the simple, classic styling. I like them so much I think I might pick up another 2 pack.

Realize that you're looking for a luxury leather glove, and these gloves certainly do not fit that description, but I think there is a place in your closet for a lighter glove as well and these do the trick. Good luck with your search.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of these peccary gloves. They are very nice gloves that sell for alot more in the stores. Don't forget to use cashback. Although they were selling for $69 before it got cold.

IMG_4020_G.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-MEN-alpaca-W...1%7C240%3A1318

AgentQ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timeless
Have you bought from this particular seller? Are they reputable?

I just received a pair of gloves from them this week. The company is Iliari, but they sell on eBay as e-queco. The gloves are nice. Not the best for super-cold conditions, but I like mine.

Pylon

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair with rabbit fur linings from Chester Jeffries. I'll see when they arrive if they can stand up to the bitter cold wind and snow here in the north of New York state.

Anybody have experience with about how long it takes Chester Jeffries to make and ship a pair of gloves to the states? A week? A month? Longer?

Pylon

Reaction score
^The gloves came fairly quickly. I'm actually impressed with the turnaround time considering the level of customization and shipping from the UK. I'm also impressed with the final result. The rabbit fur lining is very comfy and it seems it will be warm enough. I'll definitely order another pair from them. +1 on Chester Jeffries.
smile.gif

CrocsRock

Reaction score
I was wondering if folks had a recommendation for a good, durable leather. I decided to treat myself to a nice set of gloves for the winter... and inside of a week of light wear it looked as though I'd been grating cheese with the damn things, and the 'gentleman' at the store refused to take them back. My first and last foray into the land of deerskin (I'd thought deerskin was marginally more durable than what this experience has taught me)... and first and last foray into said gentleman's shop. Lesson learned.

So, I'm going to plunk down another chunk of change, this time doing what I should have done, and have some made from Chester Jeffries. Any suggestions as to leather type that they use that are somewhat damage-resistant? I'm not looking to haul rocks or grate cheese, but for something that will at least survive everyday use without peeling or looking as though I've been playing with handfuls of nails.

So, here's what I'm after: durable, on the thin side, durable, a little more resistant to stretching (since I like my gloves to fit like... a clichÃ
00a9.png
). The main options leather-wise tend to be capeskin, deerskin, and peccary but I'm unsure as to the durability and quality and could use a couple pointers (I've done some searching, and while most people do mention the style and lining they get, they neglect to mention the leather).

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could use luxury leather gloves that emit a steady GPS signal that I can track with a handheld device.

manouche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
So...

I'm buying a Seraphin shearling from RJMan, and in doing so, I realized I don't have a decent pair of gloves.

I'm looking for cashmere-lined leather (my girl has a pair, they're nice..). Winter is approaching and all, and after living in San Diego, VA Beach, and New Orleans.. the DC winter is a little chilly for me (yes, I realize it's not Chicago or Boston :p ).

I read over at londonlounge (RJ, you're everywhere) and was just overwhelmed by all the posts/information.

PECCARI

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might give that Chester Jefferies company a try. Does anyone know if they'd accept a trace of my hand to make the glove with? I've been looking for gloves that fit and so far none of them do, either they're too big or the fingers are too long or the thumb is too long.

foto010101

Reaction score
Can somebody tell which brands come closest to the gloves made by Hermes?

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a Hermes Wallet and the leather is so buttery it's absolutely divine. I can only imagine how a pair of gloves made of the same leather will feel on the hands. I need to go check them out at the stores...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics