• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxury James & Longbourne BRASS collar stays

mr_archiechan

Reaction score
I am currently selling in eBay auction a luxury James& Longbourne collar stiffener pouch.

The ultimate in luxury for any gentleman, this five pair set of polished James & Longbourne Brass collar stiffeners. Supplied in a beautufully made,

100% poplin cotton

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-BNWT-James-...QQcmdZViewItem

The perfect addition to any Gentlemans wardrobe.

James & Longbourne fine shirt makers of London

brassstiffenerslarge5pairs.jpg

universal in size polished BRASS collar bones DESIGNED to FIT ALL SHIRTS (i.e. James & Longbourne, Thomas Pink, Hildetch & Key, Harvey Hudson, TM Lewin, Charles Tyrwhitt, and any other Jermyn Street style shirt) etc.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

If you have any questions, please do feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks - Alistair

mr_archiechan

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback on this item!

The pouches are all hand made from 100% poplin cotton and populated with polished brass (universal in size) collar stays.

Thanks again - regards Alistair.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have purchased from this seller, the items are very nice and shipping is prompt.

mr_archiechan

Reaction score
Many thanks for your endorsement - that was very kind of you.

Kind regards - Alistair.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alistair, has the brass been treated to prevent tarnishing?

mr_archiechan

Reaction score
Hi Roger,

The Brass has not been treated, other than professionally polished. Therefore, for example, if you did not remove the collar stiffeners prior to laundering the shirt, they would then become tarnished during the wash cycle. If however they are removed and carefully looked after, they should remain in perfect "shop" condition.

Thanks - Alistair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads