• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxury Caribbean Vacation Recommendation

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking to get away for a luxury long weekend in the caribean. Going all out so I'm looking at the nice ones like Jumby Bay (Antigua), Sandy Lane (Barbados), Cap Juluca (Anguilla), Grace Bay Club (T&C), Anse Chastanet (St. Lucia) etc. Really liked 4 Seasons in Nevis, but it's closed for reconstruction.

Any others that I'm missing? Advice?

Looking for a place that doesn't have a lot of kids running around, kind of quiet, etc.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at Cap Juluca last season and would not recommend it, though the beach is beautiful. What about Amanyara?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amanyara is VERY nice but a smidge over our budget. I think we've narrowed it down to Grace Bay Club or Ritz in Grand Cayman.

mikej77

Reaction score
Been to Grace Bay club and would definitely go back, it was really amazing. I like T&C overall because it is one of the few places in the caribbean that is actually safe to walk around at night. I was looking at Anse Chastanet and have never been to St. Lucia so I am also wondering if anyone has been there and whether or not they liked it.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to Jumby Bay countless times. It's awesome.

You may also want to check out Petit St. Vincent.

chuck schick

Reaction score
Rent a villa on St. Bart's. Check out wimco.com and www.premiumiv.com if you want to really go "all out." Have spent a lot of time on the island and it's not what you'd imagine - no hustle and bustle, glitz and that bs. Quaint, beautiful, french and very expensive. And worth it.

deaddog

Reaction score
Going to try Gansevoort in T&C but may be too hip. Really like La Samanna in St Martin. But, if you're into that sort of thing, the Caves in Negril was unbelievably great. Small, isolated, not really luxurious but truly cool.

chuck schick

Reaction score
If you like St. Martin, you will hate St. Bart's

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuck schick
Rent a villa on St. Bart's. Check out wimco.com and www.premiumiv.com if you want to really go "all out." Have spent a lot of time on the island and it's not what you'd imagine - no hustle and bustle, glitz and that bs. Quaint, beautiful, french and very expensive. And worth it.
St. Barts has so many great choices - Le Toiny, Eden Rock, Guanahani. The weak dollar sucks though.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have been to Cap Juluca and wouldn't recommend; amazing beach but the facilities and food weren't up to snuff. Consider Caneel Bay... St. John is a protected reserve and since it's USVI there's no weak dollar issues.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Caneel Bay is great in an old school way.

Mind the donkeys, though.

The cottage is worth reserving.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads