• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's the process? You send them pictures, describe what you don't like and ask Luxire's suggestions? Or just write something general in the notes for the next order? I've sent a bunch of pictures to Luxire previously describing what I dislike, and the answer has always been in specific changes to the pattern, which I then copy to the notes. This is what I'd like to stop doing, and just write something like "eliminate horizontal folds below buttocks and improve back drape, reference to pictures shared over email" in the notes. I'd like to hear from Luxire, which is the format they prefer and think yields best results.

That's pretty much what I do.

Place order and add in notes further direction via email
Take pictures and share with Luxire
Tell them where I am having issues
They recommend changes
I approve
Goes to production

JIMB

Reaction score
Monti Soft white twill

6314DF95-F923-4442-84B6-804B6D064A37.jpeg

Silky body; soft, almost brushed surface. Opacity is good, you can see just a bit of contrast with the placket and pocket. Wrinkle resistance average, this picture was towards the end of the day, part of which I had the sleeves rolled up. Main downside is the soft surface can pick up lint, but I don't think it's noticeable by others. Overall, I'd recommend with above reservations.

Style note: I love pockets, but will have to forgo on future white dress shirts. Doesn't look great IMO.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monti Soft white twill

View attachment 1280300

Silky body; soft, almost brushed surface. Opacity is good, you can see just a bit of contrast with the placket and pocket. Wrinkle resistance average, this picture was towards the end of the day, part of which I had the sleeves rolled up. Main downside is the soft surface can pick up lint, but I don't think it's noticeable by others. Overall, I'd recommend with above reservations.

Style note: I love pockets, but will have to forgo on future white dress shirts. Doesn't look great IMO.
Agreed on the pocket. It was the first thing I noticed and would not have gotten it or at least gotten it without the button.

emptym

Reaction score
Monti Soft white twill

View attachment 1280300

The pocket might look better with a placket. I almost always get a placket and a single, buttoned pocket on my shirts. I think I have one from Luxire that has no placket and two buttoned pockets, plus a square hem with side vents -- to wear untucked w/o an undershirt in really hot weather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads