• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Modrone: Heavy Brown Corduroy
DSC_8346.jpg
DSC_8348.jpg
DSC_8349.jpg

_coelho

Reaction score
@luxire Could you please take a picture of the trochus shell buttons and the premium thick MOP ones side by side? I want something nicer than the regular buttons, but I'd rather see them before pulling the trigger. Thanks!

Emeka

Reaction score
Trial pants just came in... how did I do?

Attachments

• 75B10935-BE49-415E-9AEC-214C012115ED.jpeg
    75B10935-BE49-415E-9AEC-214C012115ED.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 124

henaal

Reaction score
Not great man, not great. Some balance issues and quite an aggressive taper with pleated pants is a bit of a weird combo.

@luxire Just curious, have you over time adjusted your pattern making to accommodate for the erect postures that we typically see nowadays? Just taking a look around, most men are standing with their hips forward and knees almost locked. All of these people have the same issue with their pants, the back is too long compared to the front and the drape at the back is messy. Most pictures posted here also show that issue (like picture above). I had the same issue with the pants that I ordered using measurements, and was never able to get completely rid of it by changing the pattern in future orders. Sending a well-fitting pair in for replication finally worked.

As a customer, I'd love to be able to correct those pattern issues in a more clear way than how it is currently done. For example, rather than saying "decrease back rise at waist by 0.5", increase back rise at crotch by 0.25", decrease inseam at crotch by 0.25", etc.", I'd much prefer to just simply write "adjust for forward hips" and let you, the experts, make the necessary changes as you best see fit. I think this would be a mutual benefit: the customer does not have to spend time with interpreting the numbers and technical changes, and you get clearer requests that are easier to work on. I'd assume that the results would also be better, as I imagine that typically customers modify the numbers a bit or add another request in which then messes up the whole thing.

A local MTM provider I sometimes use has something like this in place, they have a book with pictures showing the common fit issues, and then there is a predefined fix package for that, that has something like 3-6 levels (normal hips, forward hips, very forward hips, etc.). It is easy to understand and takes away the micromanaging aspect of communicating changes. Would love to see something like this at Luxire (the FAQ-section is a step into this direction).

Emeka

Reaction score
Not great man, not great. Some balance issues and quite an aggressive taper with pleated pants is a bit of a weird combo.

@luxire Just curious, have you over time adjusted your pattern making to accommodate for the erect postures that we typically see nowadays? Just taking a look around, most men are standing with their hips forward and knees almost locked. All of these people have the same issue with their pants, the back is too long compared to the front and the drape at the back is messy. Most pictures posted here also show that issue (like picture above). I had the same issue with the pants that I ordered using measurements, and was never able to get completely rid of it by changing the pattern in future orders. Sending a well-fitting pair in for replication finally worked.

As a customer, I'd love to be able to correct those pattern issues in a more clear way than how it is currently done. For example, rather than saying "decrease back rise at waist by 0.5", increase back rise at crotch by 0.25", decrease inseam at crotch by 0.25", etc.", I'd much prefer to just simply write "adjust for forward hips" and let you, the experts, make the necessary changes as you best see fit. I think this would be a mutual benefit: the customer does not have to spend time with interpreting the numbers and technical changes, and you get clearer requests that are easier to work on. I'd assume that the results would also be better, as I imagine that typically customers modify the numbers a bit or add another request in which then messes up the whole thing.

A local MTM provider I sometimes use has something like this in place, they have a book with pictures showing the common fit issues, and then there is a predefined fix package for that, that has something like 3-6 levels (normal hips, forward hips, very forward hips, etc.). It is easy to understand and takes away the micromanaging aspect of communicating changes. Would love to see something like this at Luxire (the FAQ-section is a step into this direction).

Thank you. I kinda threw a bunch of options seeing that they are test pants, and feel like such. (The pleats were for me to see if I would benefit from them) Could you go into detail the balance issues you see? I’m pretty new at this, and this is pretty much the first time I’ve ordered MTM and it wasn’t a complete disaster fit-wise. I have a muscular/athletic physique, large quads, calves, large glutes, and a small waist, which makes shopping for pants a nightmare.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Hopefully I receive my second order before Black Friday :worship2:

Is it normal that I don't see any measurements or saved styles in my account? I just sent a pair in for my first order but there are no visible information..

Attachments

• luxire.PNG
    luxire.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 95

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I receive my second order before Black Friday :worship2:

Is it normal that I don't see any measurements or saved styles in my account? I just sent a pair in for my first order but there are no visible information..

Remember that you can buy items on BF and e mail luxire measurments/details later.

Daraven

Reaction score
Oh god, I just ordered a new iteration of trial pants and some shirt adjustments... No way they will come in before Black Friday :(((

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads