• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
Hello,

I am just asking myself if some of you have already specified custom collar with one-piece placket / collar / neckband. No doubt about skills and craftsmanship at Luxire but truthfully curious about achieved results.

Best regards,
roostertailedcow

Attachments

• 20190211109.jpg
    20190211109.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 20190211110.jpg
    20190211110.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 142

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. These are pretty high IMHO. How much are you thinking? I know I’ve got a bit of a #dadbod going on.
I'd have to concur that I think these look quite low rise tbh. I'd probably increase the front and back rise with 1 inch or so, possibly a bit more on the front than in the back t make them more level, but that's depending a lot on your build. And also adding the same to the overall width, depending on how aggressive you'd want the tapering. But it's very hard to tell with layman's eyes, Luxire can probably give you better results.

What I will say is that moving into a higher rise feels very strange and very high from the get go, but once you nail it and are used to it, wearing low rise will feel very wrong.

jayvee

Reaction score
Carbon footprint is a trade off for fit. If you are too concerned, don’t move forward—and maybe get off the net

Thanks for your facetious reply. Or maybe I’ll stump up for a local tailor. In fact , that’s exactly what I’ll do.

_coelho

Reaction score
Hello,

I am just asking myself if some of you have already specified custom collar with one-piece placket / collar / neckband. No doubt about skills and craftsmanship at Luxire but truthfully curious about achieved results.

Best regards,
roostertailedcow
I have one of those "turner V3" collars. It's a nice medium spread, with hidden buttons in the collar points. It's not a button down, though

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not kept up with this thread for a good long while. What is the current favorite white, twill fabric for a decent work shirt?

VL22

Reaction score
Got a pair of trousers in this fabric yesterday. Third pair from Luxire and quite happy with my fit.

I dont usually like chino fabric since it feels like cardboard to me, but this is very soft and nice.
Doesnt drape or hold a crease very well because of the softness.

I will probably order more in similair fabrics for everyday wear

I will try to take better pictures later but it is hard since the blue is so dark. royalnavy.jpg

ExOfficio

Reaction score
Anyone that has a NOBD collar, is it a curved cutaway collar? It's hard to tell from the website. Any pics would be greatly appreciated as well.

Sorry for the slow response, I could not find any good photos so I had to take a couple of quick shots when wearing the shirts again.

Below is the NOBD-I

And here is the NOBD-II. Taller and less spread but nicer shape imo. I prefer this, but both are very nice and goes well with a suit! I only specify the collar type, no additional adjustments.

VL22

Reaction score
Some more pictures of the soft Chino.
To short, but that's easy to fix
They look a lot slimmer in the pictures than they feel... IMG_20191004_155636340_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20191004_155743509_HDR~2.jpg

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the slow response, I could not find any good photos so I had to take a couple of quick shots when wearing the shirts again.

Below is the NOBD-I

View attachment 1251910

And here is the NOBD-II. Taller and less spread but nicer shape imo. I prefer this, but both are very nice and goes well with a suit! I only specify the collar type, no additional adjustments.

View attachment 1251913

nice......

are they lined or fused at all?

VL22

Reaction score
Just measured and realized that the inseam is nearly 5 cm shorter than it is supposed to be in my pattern. Easy fix but still weird!

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who has pants in this fabric?

How is it? Am looking for a pair of moleskin and ideally in a dark-ish green...appreciate any recommendations.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Is there anyone who has pants in this fabric?

How is it? Am looking for a pair of moleskin and ideally in a dark-ish green...appreciate any recommendations.
I was considering this, but take a look at the colour chart (it's on one of the Brisbane moleskins) and you'll see it's not really green.

The Luxire regular green moleskin isn't going to be restocked either (I emailed this week to ask).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads